DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hengoed Viaduct from South Wales industrial past

123taff

Reactions
This is one of my first outings with my new mini3 pro.

It is the old railway viaduct in Hengoed near Caerphilly South Wales and now forms part of a national cycleway. Completed in 1854, it closed to rail traffic in 1964 as a result of the infamous Beeching cuts.

It is a fantastic venue for experienced Drone pilots but is also ideal as a "training ground" for newer pilots.

Last edited:
You did well to get a dry day, I’m originally from Nelson, I know that place like the back of my hand, even though I left in ‘85.

@123taff ,great video ,i wish i had a pound, for every time i have driven past ,or under that viaduct over the years ,i used to live in Maesycwmmer many moons ago when i first came to Wales,and long before it was like it is today

@123taff ,great video ,i wish i had a pound, for every time i have driven past ,or under that viaduct over the years ,i used to live in Maesycwmmer many moons ago when i first came to Wales,and long before it was like it is today
Small World Tony, my Mum and Dad lived at the top of Kings Hill, looking down on that viaduct , cheers Len

Reactions: old man mavic
@lensimages ,small world indeed Len, i have driven up and down Kings Hill on many many occasions

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman