DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hex key sizes

Except for the one or two screws that came from the factory with stripped heads (like mine). Then maybe a T5 Torx head and lots of pressure.

Except for the one or two screws that came from the factory with stripped heads (like mine). Then maybe a T5 Torx head and lots of pressure.
That's what made me think there were two different size screws, 2 are stripped, old eyes, thought they were smaller screws.

Robert

Have a couple of stripped ones myself, that's what made me think a couple of screws were smaller. (old eyes)

Thanks

Robert

I also have two that are stripped. How did y'all get them out?
Just like I wrote, a small Torx (ie star bit) and much downward pressure while slowly turning left. It was able to bite into the stripped head enough to get leverage. A tiny amount of penetrating oil might help, too.

anyone know the dimensions and thread pattern of the screws? I am trying to obtain the top cover (shroud) screws for 3 different mavic units (so 18 screws in total)

I also have two that are stripped. How did y'all get them out?
Go to your local ace hardware or sears craftsman tool store and get an easy out tool. They are designed to bite into the head of the screw as you twist them out. The tighter they are, the more it bites into the screw. I have never had one fail. They do come in small sizes. Don't have one with me so I can't post a picture. They are not like a regular easy out. They have a much finer bite surface. Do the google!

anyone know the dimensions and thread pattern of the screws? I am trying to obtain the top cover (shroud) screws for 3 different mavic units (so 18 screws in total)

Did you ever find the screw thread details? I am looking to acquire longer replacement screws to attach a payload drop device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique