DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey DJI why no Cinelifter?

Cafguy

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I Think DJI is missing a Whole drone model and missing out on some serious money. The plain-jane Cinelifter I see these things more than any other Drones while watching my buddies at work. They will use the FPV camera on the Drone to fly ( usually already a DJI air unit installed on a different drone) while the cinema guy films. This simple drone allows the Drone pilot to save lots of money if working this way { because now the pilot is not responsible to supply the filming Equip.} NOW I understand that this would be a Enterprise only type of Drone because of its high costs and you would only get an FPV camera with it. leaving you to purchase your own payloads But it would allow so many businesses to install and mount their own specialized equipment. Such as a wider choice of cinema quality cameras. Are there really enough payload choices for the Matrice to compete with a basic Cinelifter?

Last edited:
I would guess that's too specialized for DJI to jump into that market. While each unit is VERY expensive there isn't that much of a need to justify the cost in R&D etc. DJI does better in the consumer and slightly pro-sumer level while jumping into the Public Safety market recently and doing well.

I'd bet it's just a #'s game.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N