DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey guys, help me choose my first drone please!

Hey guys!

Thanks for all your advice and input! I went to the Shenzhen DJI flagship store yesterday and bought my Mavic Air 2!

For anyone curious about what it looks like, I took a few pictures...

IMG_20200919_154125.jpg
The outside of the store.
IMG_20200919_142139.jpg
What is that monster?!
IMG_20200919_142159.jpg
That is one sexy drone! Not for a beginner like me though.
IMG_20200919_153737.jpg
After I purchased my drone, the store assistant helped me to register my drone with the CAAC, set it up with my phone and take it for a test flight inside the store. That little drone flying in the last picture is indeed my own precious Air 2!

Today I found out that I can access the roof of my 30-storey apartment, so I have a great location to launch from! It is rather nerve-wracking to take off from such a high location. Logically I know that I am far less likely to have an accident so high up and clear of obstacles, but the human instinct is scared of falling from so high up!

Reactions: MA2 317
@Heindrich1988 i guess the rules for flying in built up densely populated ares ,in China are different ,just be careful of magnetic interference from the rebar in the structure you intend to fly from and loss of signal and GPS reception caused by other high buildings around you

Hey guys!

Thanks for all your advice and input! I went to the Shenzhen DJI flagship store yesterday and bought my Mavic Air 2!

For anyone curious about what it looks like, I took a few pictures...

View attachment 113389
The outside of the store.
View attachment 113390
What is that monster?!
View attachment 113391
That is one sexy drone! Not for a beginner like me though.
View attachment 113392
After I purchased my drone, the store assistant helped me to register my drone with the CAAC, set it up with my phone and take it for a test flight inside the store. That little drone flying in the last picture is indeed my own precious Air 2!

Today I found out that I can access the roof of my 30-storey apartment, so I have a great location to launch from! It is rather nerve-wracking to take off from such a high location. Logically I know that I am far less likely to have an accident so high up and clear of obstacles, but the human instinct is scared of falling from so high up!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Heindrich1988.

I've never seen a real DJI store before. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Congratulations on the MA2 purchase and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

@Heindrich1988 i guess the rules for flying in built up densely populated ares ,in China are different ,just be careful of magnetic interference from the rebar in the structure you intend to fly from and loss of signal and GPS reception caused by other high buildings around you

I live in a neighbourhood of 30-storey apartment buildings surrounded by some open spaces and much smaller buildings, so thankfully there is nothing taller than my roof in the vicinity of where I would fly to.

I did check with the DJI employees regarding rules. There are restricted airspace and no-fly zones in major cities, but where I am is not considered urban although it looks fairly developed. I guess the rapid development of the region outpaced its governmental classification. There's place names around here like "blah blah village"... even though there are big apartment blocks and a high tech industrial zone here. lol

Of course I also checked to make sure that there was no restricted airspace nearby.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada