DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Australia

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Hi all, a new to drone operator here. using a Mavic Mini for fishing and gold prospecting. great forum and thanks for the add.
Martin

Welcome to the forum,
Gold Prospecting , now that's a new use case, do you use it to check out the topography ?
You must be lurking somewhere in W.A, when you mention gold and fishing in the same sentence.

yep in WA. i look at topography, follow old tracks, look for old workings and to keep an eye out for poachers so a great tool. just getting the fishing worked out.
cheers

Ah right, I've used my MP as a bait dropper of the beach to get to some of the deeper gutters.

yep i was just thinking Velcro a washing peg under the drone and just free spool it out then pop over bail arm and it should just release bait.
giving it a try soon

Similar concept to this but cheaper

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and guidance. We look forward to seeing the view of your world.

Hi everyone, Here are a couple of pics of my gold lease. i fly the drone to inspect prospects and to find track access and for poachers. I attach a clothes peg held on with a elastic band to tow out the bait 400mt or so offshore. a quick tug on the line releases the bait. its all working a treat and loving the Mavic Mini.

Attachments

• DJI_0011.JPG
    DJI_0011.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 9
  • DJI_0016.JPG
    DJI_0016.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
  • DJI_0017.JPG
    DJI_0017.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
  • DJI_0013.JPG
    DJI_0013.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 5
  • DJI_0014.JPG
    DJI_0014.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 6
  • DJI_0015.JPG
    DJI_0015.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Martinjsto.

I missed the welcome last month but here today.

Too bad you can't hang a metal detector from the Mini.
Maybe an RC truck to cover more ground to help strike it rich. ?

Using the Mini to cast a line is great.

Would that be considered Fly Fishing? ?

Nice pictures and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS