DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Holland

Case K

Reactions
Mavic Pilots are everywhere! I salute you from the depths of The Netherlands: I live in the deepest Dutch polder, going down to 6,74 meters below average sea level just outside my town.

I just bought my Mavic on Saturday, spent the weekend figuring it out, updating, calibrating, salivating, ... and hope to show you some nice pics and vids from our grassy pancake later.

For starters I fly with the cages on outdoors as well, just to prevent myself from decapetating some cows, farmers and neighbours ànd to keep all the parts flying together.

It's a pity that our overcrowded country means there are only limited spaces to fly. There are so many restricted zones here, aside the built up areas: around Rotterdam-The Hague Airport, low flight zone, emergency landing practice zone, nature reserve... and even outside the villages and towns you can hardly avoid flying over somebody's yard.

Does anybody know how using the Mac as a 'crane cam' (maybe tethered?) at low altitudes, max. 5-10m/15-30ft is considered by the authorities? Can you get away with that in restricted areas?

Hartelijke groeten uit Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel!

[emoji16] Case K
(My very Dutch first name is actually Kees, which should be pronounced as Case, not as Keys, hence the nick.[emoji26])

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .:)

Mavic Pilots are everywhere! I salute you from the depths of The Netherlands: I live in the deepest Dutch polder, going down to 6,74 meters below average sea level just outside my town.

I just bought my Mavic on Saturday, spent the weekend figuring it out, updating, calibrating, salivating, ... and hope to show you some nice pics and vids from our grassy pancake later.

For starters I fly with the cages on outdoors as well, just to prevent myself from decapetating some cows, farmers and neighbours ànd to keep all the parts flying together.

It's a pity that our overcrowded country means there are only limited spaces to fly. There are so many restricted zones here, aside the built up areas: around Rotterdam-The Hague Airport, low flight zone, emergency landing practice zone, nature reserve... and even outside the villages and towns you can hardly avoid flying over somebody's yard.

Does anybody know how using the Mac as a 'crane cam' (maybe tethered?) at low altitudes, max. 5-10m/15-30ft is considered by the authorities? Can you get away with that in restricted areas?

[emoji16] Case K
(My very Dutch first name is actually Kees, which should be pronounced as Case, not as Keys, hence the nick.[emoji26])
Howdy from Wyoming Case K, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

[emoji16] Case K
Ha die Kees,

As far as I know, any drone on a tether is still considered to be a drone by the dutch CAA (ILT). The only tethered crafts not regulated by aviation rules are balloons and kites, both only if without any form of propulsion.

I live in the polder too. Lots of open space and water to fly over where I live, near Harderwijk, on the Flevo side of the lake.

Ha Kees,
Welkom kerel! What do you mean with a crane cam? Just flying low to the ground? As far as I know there is no altitude distinction in Dutch regulations, flying a drone is flying a drone. From a pragmatical point of view, flying low increases the risk of flying into objects/people. Also, if you fly a drone at low level, who is going to check whether you won't fly it at 50m in that spot... difficult to enforce.

Ha die Kees,

As far as I know, any drone on a tether is still considered to be a drone by the dutch CAA (ILT). The only tethered crafts not regulated by aviation rules are balloons and kites, both only if without any form of propulsion.

I live in the polder too. Lots of open space and water to fly over where I live, near Harderwijk, on the Flevo side of the lake.
Have you considered flying over the lagoon of the dolfinarium? I was in the area lately with good weather and after closing hours... thought it would make for some nice footage but it is probably not allowed, even though the area is not an NFZ strictly speaking. Decided not to test my luck :)

Ha Kees, Joost and other dutch pilots.
Flying over the Dolfinarium seems tricky regarding to the definition of 'aaneengesloten bebouwing'
I think the dutch map with no fly zones is a bit amateurish compared to the french map which is far more defined.

Groeten from a Dutch guy living in France
I noticed quite a lot of red zones in the south of France.

Does that mean i can't even fly during my holiday in the ardeche ? That sucks !

Thanks, good thing in france that you can go so remote no gendarmerie will ever be able to find me :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC