DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from old farmer in Oklahoma

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you have. As dirkclod said, search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response. Fly safe and stay safe!

I am a 72 year old Wheat and Cattle farmer in north central Oklahoma. My son and daughter bought me a Mavic Air 2 for my birthday.
Since I will be using this to check and herd cattle etc. can I still register as recreational?
dbjoyner
You betcha. I check some folks down the road cattle when I am up and about and in the field - from a good 350-400 ft AGL though and a few hundreds yards out. I think cattle have good hearing as when I am in the area, even if once settled and not doing much - they seem to start moving when I enter the area. Guess they don't like the sound of a swarm of bees or that. I don't get close as don't want to send them running crazily down the trail and possibly hurting themselves. Don't always see them when up for a joy ride checking out the river also down the road.

Welcome from New Mexico. I'm 76 heading toward 77 and as long as my hands work and my eyes can see I plan to enjoy my drone. I just upgraded from a Mini 2 to an Air 2S. The only thing I'll ever herd is my Golden Retriever. The folks here are great and we're all willing to share and learn together.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

welcome sir i usea pro on ranches for pre gather ,finding cattle on the other side of the fence. some security but the place is **** sure out in the country so not much to worry about. It is hunting season and there are a few knotheads crossing boundries usually they leave when they have been spotted .You can do just about anything you can think of and they can travel in 15 minutes what takes you the better part of the day, I don,t know if you drone is compatible with Litchi but if so I highly recommend it as you can lay out the mission or trip with mission hub on the computer . walk out side and send it off and go about your chores it will be back with all the footage hell of a helper WELCOME and good luck , Might want to get a marco pollo locator , it sure saves me alot of grief and drones

I am a 72 year old Wheat and Cattle farmer in north central Oklahoma. My son and daughter bought me a Mavic Air 2 for my birthday.
Since I will be using this to check and herd cattle etc. can I still register as recreational?
dbjoyner
Yup

And of course welcome !!! Flysafe. Thinking you’ll truly enjoy its function for the farm. Flysafe and Godspeed, Droniac

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome aboard...thanks for all the hard work you do to support this country.
That drone will be good for your needs...just watch your battery levels and the winds.
Good luck.

Welcome to the forum from south central Florida :cool: and enjoy. 🌴

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
You are required to take the trust test, this document, is evidence that the holder has passed the aeronautical knowledge and and safety test as required. Recreational flyers must make this certificate available to Federal Aviation upon request.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa