DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Santa Clarita!

I'll second the comments above about flight planning and preparation. One of my early flights was in the Angeles National Forest near you. I planned and executed the flight using Litchi, an automated flight execution tool. Unfortunately, what I thought to be an ample terrain clearance margin underestimated the height of the trees.

Here's the resulting embarrassing video: iCloud Photos - Apple iCloud.

The snow was deep, the hour was late, and my shoes were not equal to the task.

My wife and I had to return the next weekend. Miraculously, we were able to find the aircraft, which had been blown down from the tree that had ensnared it. After a gimbal repair, Calypso retook the skies.

However, with better planning, this mess could have been avoided.

I'll second the comments above about flight planning and preparation. One of my early flights was in the Angeles National Forest near you. I planned and executed the flight using Litchi, an automated flight execution tool. Unfortunately, what I thought to be an ample terrain clearance margin underestimated the height of the trees.

Here's the resulting embarrassing video: iCloud Photos - Apple iCloud.

The snow was deep, the hour was late, and my shoes were not equal to the task.

My wife and I had to return the next weekend. Miraculously, we were able to find the aircraft, which had been blown down from the tree that had ensnared it. After a gimbal repair, Calypso retook the skies.

However, with better planning, this mess could have been avoided.
We all make minor mistake sometimes. The thing is that even a minor mistake with a drone can be disastrous sometimes! haha

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne