DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi From Shropshire, UK

newt2u

Reactions
Hi all,

have posted a couple of times already but thought it polite to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I live in a sparsely populated area of England, close to the Welsh border. According to the poll I am in the most prolific age group on this forum... grumpy old men :0
I am not new to drone flying nor RC modelling. I have for many years flown large scale gliders off the slope at the Long Mynd, which has a fantastic westerly slope, massive clean air with bags of lift. My gliders are typically 3-4m in wingspan. Here I am with one of my models on the Long Mynd.

ChrisJessopEdelweiss.JPG

Have flown drones for a few years as well but last year bought a Xiaomi Mi drone, which I still like very much and was relatively cheap <£400. This year I treated myself to a Mavic Air as a birthday present, which will mean a bit more control on the photography and videography. The Mi is fully automatic with no way to change any setting manually, except EV. Have just got back from an hour or so in the field out back. Been testing out various modes on the Air and generally having some fun flying in a large open wheat field.
DJI_0041.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Hi all,

have posted a couple of times already but thought it polite to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I live in a sparsely populated area of England, close to the Welsh border. According to the poll I am in the most prolific age group on this forum... grumpy old men :0
I am not new to drone flying nor RC modelling. I have for many years flown large scale gliders off the slope at the Long Mynd, which has a fantastic westerly slope, massive clean air with bags of lift. My gliders are typically 3-4m in wingspan. Here I am with one of my models on the Long Mynd.

View attachment 34211

Have flown drones for a few years as well but last year bought a Xiaomi Mi drone, which I still like very much and was relatively cheap <£400. This year I treated myself to a Mavic Air as a birthday present, which will mean a bit more control on the photography and videography. The Mi is fully automatic with no way to change any setting manually, except EV. Have just got back from an hour or so in the field out back. Been testing out various modes on the Air and generally having some fun flying in a large open wheat field.
View attachment 34215
Howdy from Wyoming @newt2u , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Thanks to y'all for the welcome. Have already found a lot of useful information on this site and look forward to contributing more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALEXANDRE MARAN GREGOLIN