DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from South Australia

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

What an amazing forum. A wealth of knowledge to tap into. Sorry for my ignorance but what are the steps to take when you have a unique question to ask - how do you go about it? I'm guessing this isn't the time or place to do so.
Welcome to the forum and happy and safe flying!

OK ... Sorry if this question is in the wrong spot but hopefully it will get a response.
Yep, - after three years of flying my Mavic Pro i crashed it ever so slightly. It got caught in a tree and fell 4 metres to the ground. The only damage i noted was the gimble dislodged and so I have put that back as it should be. But since then i note that even before i fire up the motors that the camera keeps making ever so slight shuddering movements that cause it to go in and out of focus. As mentioned this is without it running, but just on standby. I have downloaded the latest firmware and try as I may to recalibrate the gimble, it only gets to about 50% and comes up with a failure message. I did once see an error message saying "gimble motor overload" .... but I havent seen that again. Flying the Mavic is hopeless as camera seems to jump around a bit. I have double checked that the gimble is indeed back in its normal running position. I don't have a filter attached. Any suggestions as to what I might have done? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

OK ... Sorry if this question is in the wrong spot but hopefully it will get a response.
Yep, - after three years of flying my Mavic Pro i crashed it ever so slightly. It got caught in a tree and fell 4 metres to the ground. The only damage i noted was the gimble dislodged and so I have put that back as it should be. But since then i note that even before i fire up the motors that the camera keeps making ever so slight shuddering movements that cause it to go in and out of focus. As mentioned this is without it running, but just on standby. I have downloaded the latest firmware and try as I may to recalibrate the gimble, it only gets to about 50% and comes up with a failure message. I did once see an error message saying "gimble motor overload" .... but I havent seen that again. Flying the Mavic is hopeless as camera seems to jump around a bit. I have double checked that the gimble is indeed back in its normal running position. I don't have a filter attached. Any suggestions as to what I might have done? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Start a thread here on it and you will get more responses.
Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance

Thanks

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the forum. I've had that message several times, usually because I accidentally immobilized the gimbal with my hand or by setting it down someplace where the gimbal was actually touching the surface and unable to move freely while its doing its warm up and self-check. I've had to calibrate the gimbal once or twice, but my problem has always been transient - temporary. If your issue is a continuing problem, I hope you get better advice than I'm able to give you. You came to the right place and you might try posting your issue in Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance as suggested by dirkclod. Lots of knowledge and experience here and always someone willing to assist.
Happy flying

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the forum. I've had that message several times, usually because I accidentally immobilized the gimbal with my hand or by setting it down someplace where the gimbal was actually touching the surface and unable to move freely while its doing its warm up and self-check. I've had to calibrate the gimbal once or twice, but my problem has always been transient - temporary. If your issue is a continuing problem, I hope you get better advice than I'm able to give you. You came to the right place and you might try posting your issue in Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance as suggested by dirkclod. Lots of knowledge and experience here and always someone willing to assist.
Happy flying
Very thoughtful advice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tansh