DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from the SF Bay area

caryg

Reactions
Hi--
I've just joined this forum. I'm a certified pilot (FAA 107) doing architectural and real estate photography. I've already seen some great info here, but also have some info and a question I want to post.
First, the info: I noticed a post in which the pilot reported jerky video footage. I was having this problem for weeks, contacted DJI tech support and sent them sample videos, and finally had to return the drone (Mavic 2 Pro) twice -- each time they said they would replace the core board, but ended up replacing the drone instead. What I finally discovered (by calling tech support at Apple, because I use a Mac pro for photo work) is that playing mp4 video back on Quicktime often creates this kind of problem. So just in case anyone else is running into this, there are two options -- either shoot in .MOV format if you're using QT, or load an alternative to QT. I'm using VLC now and the problem is solved. If everybody out there but me already knew about this, oh well, I guess I'm embarrassed. But since nobody at DJI tech support knew about it, I thought it might be helpful to folks.
Now, the question: I keep seeing people here refer to their flight logs, but I have no idea where or how to access those logs. Any advice?
Thanks.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Interesting problem. I haven’t experienced that. I edit in iMovie and export to desktop the file. Wonder if the problem is CPU, playback software or editing software?

Don't know, but I'm glad to hear you like iMovie. I've been using Premiere Pro but it's complex and kind of overkill in my case. (And Hi to Arizona -- I lived in Tucson for three years a while back...)

Any response to the question about accessing flight logs?

Here’s everything you could want to know about the logs from one of our resident experts:

here’s the way to get them and upload for analysis:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!

Here’s everything you could want to know about the logs from one of our resident experts:

here’s the way to get them and upload for analysis:
Thanks -- and thanks to all of you who've replied.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+