DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from the Wasatch Front

EVAir

Reactions
Just joined, been reading the forum quite a bit & am very impressed by the knowledge on display here, a great resource for any sUAS pilot.

I got a Mavic Air about a month ago, still have my Inspire1 that's about 3 years old, had a Phantom2 before that. For a couple years I was really into building brushed motor mini quad & hex copters with basic flight controllers like AlienFlight, etc. I've been pretty lax about building & flying those recently, it's a pretty time intensive hobby to build, flash firmware, etc, but holy cow, fly a micro quad in full manual for a while & ATTI mode seems like training wheels on a bicycle:)

Took the FAA Remote Pilot exam last week, not that I am really thinking of starting a UAS business, but I like the geeky side of it, and as a paraglider pilot for 12+ years, had a lot of practice with weather briefs, reading FAA sectionals, etc. Missed 3 questions out of the 60, so feel pretty good about that. I think one benefit of studying for and taking the exam is a pretty strong knowledge base of the rules & regs concerning UAS flight. My quads are registered with the certificate in the battery compartment.

Loving the Air, looking forward to getting out with friends & trying to capture some good mountain biking & ski videos. I fly from my yard a bit, not being in any sort of restricted zone. My neighbors are cool, I'm respectful of their privacy, but they have been watching me fly stuff from my yard or the mountain behind my house (including myself on a paraglider) for years so they don't mind at all.

Cheers

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Just joined, been reading the forum quite a bit & am very impressed by the knowledge on display here, a great resource for any sUAS pilot.

I got a Mavic Air about a month ago, still have my Inspire1 that's about 3 years old, had a Phantom2 before that. For a couple years I was really into building brushed motor mini quad & hex copters with basic flight controllers like AlienFlight, etc. I've been pretty lax about building & flying those recently, it's a pretty time intensive hobby to build, flash firmware, etc, but holy cow, fly a micro quad in full manual for a while & ATTI mode seems like training wheels on a bicycle:)

Took the FAA Remote Pilot exam last week, not that I am really thinking of starting a UAS business, but I like the geeky side of it, and as a paraglider pilot for 12+ years, had a lot of practice with weather briefs, reading FAA sectionals, etc. Missed 3 questions out of the 60, so feel pretty good about that. I think one benefit of studying for and taking the exam is a pretty strong knowledge base of the rules & regs concerning UAS flight. My quads are registered with the certificate in the battery compartment.

Loving the Air, looking forward to getting out with friends & trying to capture some good mountain biking & ski videos. I fly from my yard a bit, not being in any sort of restricted zone. My neighbors are cool, I'm respectful of their privacy, but they have been watching me fly stuff from my yard or the mountain behind my house (including myself on a paraglider) for years so they don't mind at all.

Cheers
Howdy from Wyoming @EVAir , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure