DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi Res Pano Sky Problems?

TheFoxSaysRingADingDing

Reactions
Greetings all, I am having an issue with the high res pano. I know it takes 9 pictures, and whenever I take a picture with the sky in it I get different hues of blue. I attached an example below. I don't know if it's because of the software doing a poor job at stitch or what. I'm also shooting photos on manual. Any ideas? Has anyone else had the same issue?

Greetings all, I am having an issue with the high res pano. I know it takes 9 pictures, and whenever I take a picture with the sky in it I get different hues of blue. I attached an example below. I don't know if it's because of the software doing a poor job at stitch or what. I'm also shooting photos on manual. Any ideas? Has anyone else had the same issue?

View attachment 72318
Is that a High Res or a Horizontal Pan? I would guess that the exposure is changing as the camera/drone moves toward that brighter sky off to the right. I do see that on some of my pans but not on others. Sometimes more subtle and others less so.

Maybe one of the photo buffs will have a suggestion on how to avoid or limit its occurrence.

Is that a High Res or a Horizontal Pan? I would guess that the exposure is changing as the camera/drone moves toward that brighter sky off to the right. I do see that on some of my pans but not on others. Sometimes more subtle and others less so.

Maybe one of the photo buffs will have a suggestion on how to avoid or limit its occurrence.

I think this is exactly right. I had this issue too. I ended up using Litchi and changed the settings so that it it will take photos in rows across from end to end instead of up and down. It helps with having any banding going across which is more optically pleasing than up and down like that.

If it were me I’d just brush on some black on the left side and blend it in.

Thanks everyone for your help! I'm 100% sure it was on super res. I thought about maybe switching to auto exposure, but that was after I drained my batteries out. I also got to thinking that maybe it could be the polarized ND filters I was using? That picture was shot directly south 90 degrees from where the sun was. I remember that polarized filters will change how blue the sky gets. Maybe today I'll test it out again without a filter.

I think Brett8883 is right, I'll just color in some black and call it a day.

Reactions: ff22
The high rez photo should have a 4:3 aspect ratio (8000x6000 pixels). The photo you attached is way too wide to be 4:3. (Unless you cropped it to show the sky only )

And.. Yes, I'd be willing to bet your polarizer is messing up the sky exposure.

Light from the sky is polarized to a degree. Your polarizer will block some of that light and the amount blocked will depend on the angle of the polarizer. The lens angle changes during a pano sequence.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
Duuuuuuude! You solved it! It's the ND filters. Just try it without and report back.

Reactions: CW57
Yep, it was the filters. Crud. Guess I'll either have to deal with it or get non-polarized filters.
If you are shooting stills, leave the ND filters off.
They do nothing to improve the image but do plenty to cut the light that gets to the sensor.

If you are shooting stills, leave the ND filters off.
They do nothing to improve the image but do plenty to cut the light that gets to the sensor.
They don't, but I'm too impatient to bring the bird back in if I want to get video. Maybe I'll just stick with regular raw :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21