DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

High Rock Look Out Maryland

mark conners

Reactions
I spent Saturday at High Rock Overlook with my Mavic Pro. Great view and a fantastic place to fly. It was my first time there and the road takes you right there. The road ends at a yellow gate with a sign that says "do not park within 30' of the gate. So I parked in another area away from the gate. After I had flown my Mavic for about 20 minutes I landed and a gentleman in uniform opens the gate and walked 60' towards me. He greets me nicely. And he asked me not to fly my drone over the gate. I had not but I did fly it over the forest beyond the gate. We spoke about drones and I told him how it shows warning of restricted areas will show up on the program and if it is area that you can not fly in the drone would not procced. When I asked him what they do there all he would say is that it is federal government property. He had driven down the mountain to the gate. Not sure how they knew I was flying a drone in the area.

At the end of my day the area got crowed and I noticed that there were 2 official pick ups on the other side of the gate. So I walked up to the gate and and a different gentleman the before walked up to the gate. He was wearing what I think was some type of flak vest and caring a AK something across his chest and he said "CAN I HELP YOU SIR" in a real marine tone. And I asked him if that was Camp David up there. He has a slight pause and said it was government property. I replied " Thank You and have a great day"

I looked it up when I got home and it was Camp David here is some information on Camp David Camp David: Welcome to the Presidential Retreat

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60