DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"High Wind" in light winds

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
On a couple recent flight days, I got high wind warnings. On Monday, okay, yep, it was windy and gusty. Crappy light anyway.

Yesterday, the wind was very light, no gusts. And yet I was still getting "High Wind" warnings. WTF?

Also got a couple of obstacle detected stops in flight turning through the sun. Bummer. May look at extending the "eyebrows" over the front obstacle cameras a few mm.

I'm cool with the "High Wind" warnings, but not being able to fly into the sun pisses me off.

On a couple recent flight days, I got high wind warnings. On Monday, okay, yep, it was windy and gusty. Crappy light anyway.

Yesterday, the wind was very light, no gusts. And yet I was still getting "High Wind" warnings. WTF?

Also got a couple of obstacle detected stops in flight turning through the sun. Bummer. May look at extending the "eyebrows" over the front obstacle cameras a few mm.
The wind at ground level could be quite different from at altitude, i do think the warning is quite sensitive though...

Reactions: CC Rider
I'm cool with the "High Wind" warnings, but not being able to fly into the sun pisses me off.

I had that issue. I downloaded the latest version of DJI assistant and calibrated the vision positioning system and that did the trick. If you haven't already give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots