DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Highest Yet

Murph66

Reactions
OMG, that did me the world of good, gorgeous day here for a change, took Dave outside everything charged, several practice sessions recently just practicing about 5 metres high , taking things nice and slowly, so today I just thought "Go For It", not a breath of wind, set max altitude at 120 metres and just went up till it stopped, that's the highest level I've ever been yet, flew around and landed without RTH, feel so much more confident now, taking things one bit at a time has really worked for me as a new pilot. No footage as I thought I'd started video but actually took a picture, DOH !! , OK, It's onto the next steps now for me, think I'll concentrate on getting used to camera work next then start special moves like Dronie and the like, also master RTH. I'm one happy newbie, :D:D:D

OMG, that did me the world of good, gorgeous day here for a change, took Dave outside everything charged, several practice sessions recently just practicing about 5 metres high , taking things nice and slowly, so today I just thought "Go For It", not a breath of wind, set max altitude at 120 metres and just went up till it stopped, that's the highest level I've ever been yet, flew around and landed without RTH, feel so much more confident now, taking things one bit at a time has really worked for me as a new pilot. No footage as I thought I'd started video but actually took a picture, DOH !! , OK, It's onto the next steps now for me, think I'll concentrate on getting used to camera work next then start special moves like Dronie and the like, also master RTH. I'm one happy newbie, :D:D:D
Well done 👍🏻 It’s a great feeling when confidence overtakes nerves. However good to stay cautious. Play with “Quickshots” but give yourself plenty of space away from trees & wires etc. POI is also a great camera feature which you’ll use forever in all sorts of footage. Enjoy!!!

Well done 👍🏻 It’s a great feeling when confidence overtakes nerves. However good to stay cautious. Play with “Quickshots” but give yourself plenty of space away from trees & wires etc. POI is also a great camera feature which you’ll use forever in all sorts of footage. Enjoy!!!
Cheers Squid, I'll take that advice on board

I envy you lol. i remember those days of terror and shaky hands when i first got my Phantom 3. My first high altitude flight, my first flight over water. Terrifying moments! With practice your confidence in your abilities and in the aircraft itself only gets stronger. Fly safe! :)

Just remember wind speed tends to increase with height and decrease as the drone descends. What the drone needs to do to counter the wind can be assessed from the attitude indicator ....... if you understand it.

Reactions: 3rdof5 and Murph66
Just remember wind speed tends to increase with height and decrease as the drone descends. What the drone needs to do to counter the wind can be assessed from the attitude indicator ....... if you understand it.
Got it, thanks

I envy you lol. i remember those days of terror and shaky hands when i first got my Phantom 3. My first high altitude flight, my first flight over water. Terrifying moments! With practice your confidence in your abilities and in the aircraft itself only gets stronger. Fly safe! :)
The shaky hands have stopped but I still fear the water, see my view outside and you'll probably get why and constant threats from the Irish Naval base nearby 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

our place.jpgnavy 20.jpg

Reactions: Torque and 3rdof5
I would be wary of flying around military of any sort. You may end up in deep hot water. Pun intended.

• Haha
Reactions: Murph66
I know the feeling. Often poor weather in the UK means not much chance to practice. I’ve only done 16 flights since March 23 since I’ve had the Mini 3 Pro. Gradually getting better and becoming more intuitive.

My recent video of one of the world’s best beaches - Makronissos Beach in Cyprus is my best yet. Pretty pleased with how that came out

@Mrktn , Same here in Ireland, it rains, and I mean days on end not just showers, freezing cold and constant cloud / winds, 6 months of winter here, that's why I left it till now to start with Drones, last two days though have been grand, sunshine and no wind, Ideal for flying. Planning a trip to Cuskinny tomorrow, it's only 10 mins drive away, there's a secluded beach down there with benches and the kids are back at school, went for a look last week and it's perfect and no real hazards.

Reactions: Mrktn
@Mrktn , Same here in Ireland, it rains, and I mean days on end not just showers, freezing cold and constant cloud / winds, 6 months of winter here, that's why I left it till now to start with Drones, last two days though have been grand, sunshine and no wind, Ideal for flying. Planning a trip to Cuskinny tomorrow, it's only 10 mins drive away, there's a secluded beach down there with benches and the kids are back at school, went for a look last week and it's perfect and no real hazards.
You’ll find the longer you spend with it the more intuitive the controller is and can then start thinking about more advanced moves.

So easy to lose co-ordination after weeks of poor weather, so fingers crossed for you.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work, should you decide to share 😊

You’ll find the longer you spend with it the more intuitive the controller is and can then start thinking about more advanced moves.

So easy to lose co-ordination after weeks of poor weather, so fingers crossed for you.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work, should you decide to share 😊
I intend to, when I've worked out how to upload video from DJI Fly app to computer or whatever, the huge cruise liners call here in Cobh and go right past our front window and we have a biggie in this Wednesday , Regal Princess, 330 metres long and around 5000 passengers an crew, she's an awesome sight, I'll do me best

This One ....

regal.jpeg

Reactions: Mrktn and 3rdof5
The shaky hands have stopped but I still fear the water, see my view outside and you'll probably get why and constant threats from the Irish Naval base nearby 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I too was fearful of flying over water until I came to the conclusion that if my drone crashed, it would make no difference over land or water...over land I could pick up the pieces, over water it would be buried in different way. 😁

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet