DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Histogram

GH02050

Reactions
Moral of this story - ALWAYS CHECK THE HISTOGRAM.

I'm getting to be a decent pilot but I'm discovering pretty quickly I'm a lousy photographer. I took my Mavic 2 Pro striped bass fishing and I figured I try a Polar Pro 32ND/PL filter because it was a bright sunny morning . The bite was on, and didn't really want to stop fishing to get the drone in the air, but I did, hastily, which was a mistake. I didn't check the histogram or verify the filter was spun in the correct direction and as a result I have massively over exposed footage. I also didn't film any of the surroundings so the footage is basically the drone looking down on my boat in the water. Another huger mistake because the location in the river is stunning & you never know it by the footage I took. Well I guess I have to make all these mistakes before I know better. Oh well, live an learn, at least the fishing was good.

Been there, done that, still do it. You would think as long as I have been flying I would have it down by now but I still manage to mess things up. Start out with white balance set at cloudy because its overcast. Sun comes out and I see a good video subject that I am excited to film. Put the drone up film it and it looks like I have a 1970's retro look filter on all my footage.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB