DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HK meet up

Anyone from HK want to meet up and fly together? Let's go!
I'm down to meet and fly. I got most weekends off and pretty mobile.

Where do you all fly in HK? I'm in New Territories and with the military base close to Kam Sheung Road MTR, flying around there makes me nervous.

So there was another Mavic Pro user flying the paths at a height I wouldn't consider safe. I left fairly quickly, and heard yelling and screaming and no more drone sounds. Perhaps the owner crashed into the group doing a photo shoot. From the sound of it, it seemed like the group laid down a beating.

The guy had it for a week, and seemed to disregard any safety protocols.

Don't be that guy.

Just downloaded my footage from today. I decided today was 1080p/120fps filming. I got real close to cows. They came up to me.

All my drone footage is from the northern tip of the reservoir. There's nice open and flat land, great for launching and landing.

I'm sure there were settings that could be tweaked, but I'm very satisfied with the day's flying.

Reactions: syke
That's 720p, not 1080p

Time to head to Beijing, so no meet up for me... but I highly recommend flying at Lamma. Lots of cool scenery: Lamma Channel in the early morning, container ships, Lamma windmill, peaks and valleys, beaches (not allowed to hover over them, but 100m distance should be fine), Powerstation (again, keep some distance), and Yung Shue Wan bay...

Enjoy, and fly safe!

Time to head to Beijing, so no meet up for me... but I highly recommend flying at Lamma. Lots of cool scenery: Lamma Channel in the early morning, container ships, Lamma windmill, peaks and valleys, beaches (not allowed to hover over them, but 100m distance should be fine), Powerstation (again, keep some distance), and Yung Shue Wan bay...

Enjoy, and fly safe!
I love Lamma. I just hate the snakes. They're out in full effect now. I'll wait until December for Lamma.

Anyone in HK wanting to go hiking this weekend, let me know. I'm ready to go.

I love Lamma. I just hate the snakes. They're out in full effect now. I'll wait until December for Lamma.

What snakes...!?! ;-)

I been living there for a whole year, and only ever saw two. Both cobras crossing a path in front of me. But seriously, I have hiked all over Lamma, including daily walks to the beach and ferry, and no snakes. More irritating walking into the spider webs!

What snakes...!?! ;-)

I been living there for a whole year, and only ever saw two. Both cobras crossing a path in front of me. But seriously, I have hiked all over Lamma, including daily walks to the beach and ferry, and no snakes. More irritating walking into the spider webs!
I used to hike over the mountain and summertime, I've seen a few. You've likely hiked past them and not even noticed.

Snakes don't like to attack humans. They can't eat us, and venom takes a lot of energy for them to make. I'm not saying they logically think it out, but there is an instinct to conserve their venom.

Yeah, those spiders are pretty wild. Aggressive buggers.

Depending on things, perhaps I will brave the snakes and spiders next weekend, providing it isn't raining. :/

Reactions: timesnaps
I've been flying since April 2017- while these are not necessarily permissable areas in Hong Kong, one can get away with it or at most get asked to leave.

- Victoria Gardens, at the very top of the Peak, way up past the commercial area. Sit on the wall down where the first garden is- very easy to see anyone approaching you.

- Pak Tsz Lane Park, in Central. I know this sounds crazy because it is in the middle of Central, but there are few people passing through and it affords a great shot by just going straight up and rotating.

- Big Wave Bay, go up above the beach to the BBQ and playground area. There are just a couple areas suitable for takeoff but if no one is around it works!

- Shek O, the private property with the store and BBQ area all the way to the right side of the beach, I bought a few things and asked if I could fly there and they allowed. Of course the beach public address system announced no drone flying but no one approached me.

- South Bay Beach, all the way to the left side of the beach, flew without anyone questioning it.

- Hong Kong Stadium entrance, at an off hour time few people around - top of the steps left side.

- Wong Nai Chung Reservoir Park

- Cyberport, you probably already know that though!

dgs

Hi there!
I'm reviving the idea of a HK meetup. I have been flying in HK since 2016.
Will be out with the bird this week-end, probably around Sai Wan swimming shed.
Anyone interested feel free to send me a direct message.

Alex

Hey, just recently moved to Hong Kong (December 17) and haven't been out with the drone yet.

Is that a good place to fly, aresando? I live in Wan Chai

Last edited:
Hi there - Darrick here. I had not heard of the Sai Wan Swimming Shed but looked it up and indeed see the appeal! I am around this Sat.

Related, I have been flying for 6 months now and have a good roster of places that you can go if you need suggestions!

Hi there - Darrick here. I had not heard of the Sai Wan Swimming Shed but looked it up and indeed see the appeal! I am around this Sat.

Related, I have been flying for 6 months now and have a good roster of places that you can go if you need suggestions!

Hi Darrick. I'll be in Kowloon from 2/24-2/26 (possibly longer) and would love to meet up or pick your brain on places to go. Will you be around?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS