DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home point recorded at take off notification

Northwind

Reactions
When flying my Mavic Pro Platinum with an Android smartphone I always got the voice message that home point was recorded at take off. Since switching to a Crystal Sky monitor, I never get that notification/verification. As a result, I’m always unsure about the status of RTH. Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

i dont own a CSm but is there a setting for the volume ,if there is a speaker in the CSm maybe it has to be activated as well just a thought

On my pixel 3 this notification is inconsistent for me even if I force setting the home point via the gps dropdown. Not sure what conditions trigger it or disable it but the home points always seems to be set correctly regardless of voice confirmation. And yes, I did make sure to get in the habit of turning the media and notification volumes up on my android. :)

When flying my Mavic Pro Platinum with an Android smartphone I always got the voice message that home point was recorded at take off. Since switching to a Crystal Sky monitor, I never get that notification/verification. As a result, I’m always unsure about the status of RTH. Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Your Mavic will automatically record its home point as soon as it gets good GPS location data, whether you hear a notification or not.
When you power up the drone watch the number of sats it's connected to and the large D (for distance) number at the bottom of the screen.
When you first turn it on, when sat numbers are low, it will show D:N/A (not available)
When you get GPS position data and a home point, that changes to something like D:0.1.
The distance is distance from the home point.
If there's a number, you have a home point.

But sometimes I get vocal confirmation other times I don't. Sometimes the vocal confirmation comes at the 23' brief hover, sometimes never.

I am just not understanding the conditions surrounding a confirmation or not. Doesn't stop me from flying since I visually check sat status, radio status, distance and height before each take off.

Just another slightly odd set of quirks.

I Notice on my CS it says it and sometimes it dont. Just look at the rear led light and if you see a bunch green flashes and to a slow green flash it recorded an RTH. I always look for the green flashes.

Last edited:
Running an Android phone, sometimes I get the announcement and sometimes I don't. I always check the map to make sure it registered. This is simply another "feature" that DJI has added to their software.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes