DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizon Line

noosaguy

Reactions
Still here! I remember reading a thread a while ago where someone said (I think) they had something (an App?) to allow you to choose your horizon line when shooting a pano on the M2P. Anyone that can help on this?

Was this the thread.

Was this the thread.
Thanks dirclod, no it wasn't the thread and I forgot to mention that I meant non spherical panos. I would like to be able to choose more or less sky depending on circumstances.
I guess I could shoot two rows or more and stitch them in LR or PS.

Reactions: dirkclod
Ok well I tryed a search and was a lot of threads but if what
you was looking for was in a thread it’s no telling what it is.
Oh well. :)

Reactions: noosaguy
You might ask in the Control Apps forum section.

What do you mean by 'choose your horizon line'? Do you mean that DJI Go always uses the same degrees of tilt from center (zero)? And that some other app would allow you to start from a tilt-down of so-many degrees as a start?

You might ask in the Control Apps forum section.

What do you mean by 'choose your horizon line'? Do you mean that DJI Go always uses the same degrees of tilt from center (zero)? And that some other app would allow you to start from a tilt-down of so-many degrees as a start?
When you do a pano the horizon line is always dead centre.

When you do a pano the horizon line is always dead centre.
Shoot a spherical pano which tilts up 13°, and saves the original DNG files. Then select the horizon you want from among the 26 still images and stitch them together.

Shoot a spherical pano which tilts up 13°, and saves the original DNG files. Then select the horizon you want from among the 26 still images and stitch them together.
What pixel count would that give, any idea off the top of your head?

What pixel count would that give, any idea off the top of your head?
Depends upon how wide a field of view you want in the resulting panorama stitch, with enough overlap to stitch successfully. Twenty-six 20MP images of 5472×3648 each to choose from. That's three rows of 8 images covering 45° each, after stitching, and two top down images at 90° to each other. Top row of 8 images is with the gimbal elevated 13° of the 30° possible. The ceiling is cloned in by the camera in the automated 360x180 stitch, that you will be ignoring, for your purposes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twentytree