DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizon tilt issue moving left or right. Exchange?

Exchange it because this is not normal?

• Yes,this is a defect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, this is how it works.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davzone

Reactions
I have a new mavic and my horizon does not stay level moving left or right with the right stick.
Is this normal or should I go ahead and do an exchange? I had it for a week so I can do a return exchange with BHP.

The lock gumball when capture was tested and does not affect video or just flying.
Calibration was done multiple times. IMU compass gimbal. The gimbal roll adjustment have to be adjusted from time to time.
Anything else I should try?

I'm gonna take it out today again and reset all settings. Test it that way.

My test yesterday went better. I was too aggressive with it. My shots are not cinematic at all. I have to slow myself down. When I did that the outcome was great. My video quality was crap but that was probably bad settings and I did not focus at all.... So when I took off the grass in front of me was in focus but after that the trees were not. I forgot to hit C1...
Today I will take videos on ground. Put it on top of my car and record with different settings. Just to test what looks better.

I think you had a drone epiphany! Happy to hear it.
I used to fly big 3D rc helicopters that were capable of crazy stuff. Flying upside down and doing 90degree turns in any angle any speed. I have to fly this thing in tripod mode more :D

I live in central Florida. Our horizons are as flat and level as water. Yet, when I rotate, this is what I get:

I've found that the delay in adjusting for yaw on the camera is too slow when flying in wind. If wind is pushing from the right, for example, the right side of the MP will be slightly lower as it compensates for the push. Rotating (yawing) the aircraft in such conditions means the bird is not only spinning, but as the opposite side of the aircraft faces into the wind, the airframe has to lower the opposite side. That 'wobble' happens too fast for the yaw axis of the gimbal to properly compensate. When there is no wind at all, the same spinning produces no changes in horizon tilt.

I live in central Florida. Our horizons are as flat and level as water. Yet, when I rotate, this is what I get:

I've found that the delay in adjusting for yaw on the camera is too slow when flying in wind. If wind is pushing from the right, for example, the right side of the MP will be slightly lower as it compensates for the push. Rotating (yawing) the aircraft in such conditions means the bird is not only spinning, but as the opposite side of the aircraft faces into the wind, the airframe has to lower the opposite side. That 'wobble' happens too fast for the yaw axis of the gimbal to properly compensate. When there is no wind at all, the same spinning produces no changes in horizon tilt.

Yaw doesn't do that for me. It's flat every time. I try not to fly in wind. So haven't tested it much. Left or right tilts in no wind if going hard on the sticks.
Yesterday I had a bad wind experience that almost gave me a heart attack. I was at 200ft going 20mph forward. Screen said high wind velocity. There was no wind where I was about a 100ft from the drone. 2 seconds later all I see on the screen was the sky. The drone probably got hit with a big gut and adjusted. But couldn't stay level. For a second I thought it will just fall down. Then it leveled but had a second big hit. I was looking at it and there were no birds or anything. I quickly started coming down and it was stable at 45ft. Had to land to calm myself down.

Try turning "Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow" off. This helped mine. It's not perfect but much better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato