DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizontal lines in photos and movies

Tofa

Reactions
Hi

I have major problem with horizontal lines on my Mavic Pro, I have everything to the latest FW but I still have this problem, se the pictures that I have attached
I hope someone can help me and suggest what to do, I hope I don't need to replace the gimbal and camera

Attachments

• DJI_0151_.jpg
    DJI_0151_.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DJI_0171_.jpg
    DJI_0171_.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DJI_0187_.jpg
    DJI_0187_.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 75
That's nasty, and very un-M1P like.
Can't recall such image problems coming up here before.
It definitely looks like some sort of camera or processing problem.
Hopefully someone else may have experienced this and found out the issue / solution.

• Sad
Reactions: Tofa
I was hoping that someone else had seen this and that it was an simple fix..... but I guess I have to replace the whole gimbal and camera package, but I still hope that I get a good reply with an other solution soon, thanks for your involvement

I was hoping that someone else had seen this and that it was an simple fix..... but I guess I have to replace the whole gimbal and camera package, but I still hope that I get a good reply with an other solution soon, thanks for your involvement
Wait to see if the members I mentioned respond. They are both very helpful approved vendors on the forum and are very knowledgeable. I trust their opinions in these matters.

I’m glad you found the answer. I’m sure it will be helpful to someone in the future. Thanks for posting

This problem was discussed several times in the forum. If the light source is in the front it will produce lens flare, this means very low contrast images with higher exposure and other possible effects. Because the propeller are between the camera and the light source, they will mask the light and the flare will be low. So the pictures will have alternate low contrast bands and normal bands. Because your shots were in low light, the exposure time was bigger and the bands are tiny. In fill daylight the bands are considerable larger. It is physics, you should avoid light sources in the front of the lens and at angle which makes possible to have the propellers movements between the light source and the drone lens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll