DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Hot Air Balloon at the Golden Hour

redhawkdrone

Reactions
I was out for a drive and just happened to have my drone with me at the time. Chasing the balloons with my car and finding a spot to launch the drone was a little challenging. Honestly, I missed out on an opportunity to get some better footage because I kept my distance....a good deal of distance. I didn't want to be that "guy", the one who crashes into a hot air balloon.

Nice shots.

I used to see them fly in my area quite a bit a few years ago, but I think the C virus shut it down for a while.

Tough to maintain a six foot distance from each other in the basket of a balloon. 😷

Thanks for sharing. :)

I was out for a drive and just happened to have my drone with me at the time. Chasing the balloons with my car and finding a spot to launch the drone was a little challenging. Honestly, I missed out on an opportunity to get some better footage because I kept my distance....a good deal of distance. I didn't want to be that "guy", the one who crashes into a hot air balloon.

Very nice job

Reactions: redhawkdrone
I reckon you held a perfect distance. Could always use the zoom function also. Spectacular colours & smooth flying 👍🏻
Thanks. I was worried that with the low light conditions that zooming would introduce to much noise into the video. From what I have seen online, the Air 2S and Mavic 3 are so much better in low light situations. I have really enjoyed the MA2 (my first drone) and might upgrade in 2022 depending on what DJI launches to replace the Air 2S.

Reactions: Squidinc
Thanks. I was worried that with the low light conditions that zooming would introduce to much noise into the video. From what I have seen online, the Air 2S and Mavic 3 are so much better in low light situations. I have really enjoyed the MA2 (my first drone) and might upgrade in 2022 depending on what DJI launches to replace the Air 2S.
I’m the same. My MA2 is also my first drone, and it’s incredible. I sometimes shoot sunrise footage in HDR which works very well in low light conditions. I certainly would not consider buying a 3 yet because of the issues everyone is having, but like you an Air2 replacement would certainly spark my interest! 👍🏻

I like it! Good distance following - Even picked up the second balloon! Love the fall colors made more vibrant by the angle of the sun!

I like it! Good distance following - Even picked up the second balloon! Love the fall colors made more vibrant by the angle of the sun!
Nice catch on the second balloon. I let that balloon get away because I didn't want to get caught between the two balloons. I tried to stay upwind to avoid creating any situation that could result in an accident or near miss. However, the stars aligned for me.....golden hour, fall and hot air balloons.

Nice flight...what a great place to live.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven