DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How about I hand launch?

Mrprop365

Reactions
I recently learnt that taking off and landing is not allowed in manhattan. However the airspace is not restricted so in theory you can fly. My main question is, if I hand launch/land, is the city in charge of my hand? Also what if I took off from a balcony?

I recently learnt that taking off and landing is not allowed in manhattan. However the airspace is not restricted so in theory you can fly. My main question is, if I hand launch/land, is the city in charge of my hand? Also what if I took off from a balcony?
Changes nothing. The ground, your balcony, your hand....it's all the same.

Reactions: Torque
Also what if I took off from a balcony?
You would probably have trouble getting good GPS and recording a home point.
It also brings significant risk of yaw errors, collision with railings etc and you would have trouble if you wanted RTH to bring the drone back and land on the balcony.

Reactions: okw and Reid937

Launch spot does not matter. You're still "within the area" flying (as in controlling) the aircraft. You could be on a 1000' pole holding out your hand launching the aircraft and you're still "flying" from restricted LAND! It's a Land Use Restriction ... think like trespassing . . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne