DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How an old man got litchi...

Olav van Gerven

Reactions
So, after long consideration, last night I decided to get litchi. The christmasbudget was not completly spent, so the 25 Euro was available. No Playstor account, no credit card, so I went to the gasstation and bought a card. Back at home, I tried to activate it, to cut a lng story short, as I found out that I had to rub the code free, it worked pretty good.

Then litchi came into my life. No big trumpets or orchstra, jst a simple "instalation finshed..." on the screen. I prepared my first waypoint flight and then I went outside.

To be honoust, I was really anxious what would happen. A simple roundtrip, about 8 minutes time in 25 meters height on open terrain, so what could go wrong?

The flight went perfect, untill the last waypoint was reached. Then the drone simply hang and did nothing (except for keeping up in the air, to my releave...) I pushed RTH and up it went as progammed, landing only 50 cm away frm where I had taken of.

Back at home, after reading a kind of manual (I know, should have done it before I took of...) I found out, that it is helpfull to tell litchi that the last action of a trip is to return to point 1 and land :)

In the mean time, I found the online hub to be used at my mac, learned how to save a plan and get it transfered to the tablet and tomorrow, I will try some more things.

I usually make my missions as round trips.

Mission Hub - Litchi

I turn on screen record.
It hit run mission.
It takes off.
It starts the video recording.
Does the mission.
It lands. (I bring the speed down before landing, so I can hand catch it but some times I miss it, it still lands..)
It stops the video recording.
You have to remember to stop and save the screen recorder!! ;)

Check out this landing approach. o_O
Crash landing after smooth flight to look at a wind turbine

Rod

I usually make my missions as round trips.

Mission Hub - Litchi

I turn on screen record.
It hit run mission.
It takes off.
It starts the video recording.
Does the mission.
It lands. (I bring the speed down before landing, so I can hand catch it but some times I miss it, it still lands..)
It stops the video recording.
You have to remember to stop and save the screen recorder!! ;)

Check out this landing approach. o_O
Crash landing after smooth flight to look at a wind turbine

Rod
That landing with the sound edit was great.

Reactions: RodPad
You have just opened up a whole new world of flying! I practice my flying with DJI 4 and do the rest of my flying with Litchi ! Enjoy!!

You have just opened up a whole new world of flying! I practice my flying with DJI 4 and do the rest of my flying with Litchi ! Enjoy!!

Does anyone know about a legislation in Germany that requieres employers to give there employees sufficient time to train with their drone? Just let me know, I need the time :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78