DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How can I charge a battery with a USB charging brick?

Kyle76

Reactions
I’ve got a charging brick with two USB ports that I would like to be able to use for charging MA2 batteries in the field. Is there some kind of connector that will allow this? I tried hooking into the AC with the USB C cable, but it didn’t charge the installed battery.

• Wow
Reactions: Ex Coelis
I’ve got a charging brick with two USB ports that I would like to be able to use for charging MA2 batteries in the field. Is there some kind of connector that will allow this? I tried hooking into the AC with the USB C cable, but it didn’t charge the installed battery.
the outputs of the usb ports on the charger brick are not suitable for charging the main battery, they are only for the controller or your device

This will work for you. AC Outlet Portable Laptop Power Bank, Universal 116Wh/31200mAh 100W Travel Notebook Charger & External Battery Pack for HP, Dell, Lenovo, MacBook (Black) Amazon.com: AC Outlet Portable Laptop Power Bank, Universal 116Wh/31200mAh 100W Travel Notebook Charger & External Battery Pack for HP, Dell, Lenovo, MacBook (Black): Home Audio & Theater

Wow, neat, but the conversion to a AC then back to DC it's going to be pretty inefficient :-(

I'm actually surprised more of these kind of things don't exist though - it's a neat idea.

Actually, thinking about it - any Computer interruptible power supply (UPS), will do this job !

I charged my M2P battery by plugging a power brick into the USB-C port on the drone with the battery in it. It charged the battery fairly quickly. Perhaps someone will tell me it's a bad idea and I won't do it anymore, but it worked.

I charged my M2P battery by plugging a power brick into the USB-C port on the drone with the battery in it. It charged the battery fairly quickly. Perhaps someone will tell me it's a bad idea and I won't do it anymore, but it worked.
I tried that but got no indication that charging was happening. Maybe the power feed wasn’t strong enough.

I tried that but got no indication that charging was happening. Maybe the power feed wasn’t strong enough.
I’m pretty sure you can’t charge the MA2 battery while still installed in the drone (I’m somewhat surprised that this can be done in the M2P)

I’m pretty sure you can’t charge the MA2 battery while still installed in the drone (I’m somewhat surprised that this can be done in the M2P)
I’m surprised no one has a definitive answer. I definitely charged my M2P with a power pack. I was on a bike ride and one of the 3 batteries I brought wasn't charged. I used an Anker USB power bank w/ 3 smart IQ outputs (5v) plugged into the M2P with the battery in it. The battery light was blinking as they would in the AC charger. It added about 60% in a couple hours I think. I couldn’t say whether it’s safe or not, but I don’t think 5v is likely to burn it out.

I’d test it again but my M2P is out for repairs at the moment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tienvn1904