DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How could I had better shown altitude

Akademik

Reactions
Hey pilots,

I would still be out flying on this beautiful day but when I put thebird in the air she was very rocky so I passed after snapping a few shots. I can’t wait to fly this valley so I took some shots to prepare for a future flight but when I got back to look, the picture didn’t give the terrain justice. This is a valley with at least a 200’ drop. What should I have done to shoot this better?

Attachments

• DJI_0021.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 63
Went higher and panned down. Less sky. JMO

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Hey pilots,

I would still be out flying on this beautiful day but when I put thebird in the air she was very rocky so I passed after snapping a few shots. I can’t wait to fly this valley so I took some shots to prepare for a future flight but when I got back to look, the picture didn’t give the terrain justice. This is a valley with at least a 200’ drop. What should I have done to shoot this better?

So it was too windy is what you are saying so you dint want to fly too much? Other than that if i understand your question correctly i agree with dirkclod, higher and panned down. Also make sure your in tripod mode so the bird is a bit more steady. Which drone were you flying? what was your picture setting? the picture doesn't look bad just not framed very interesting....

Thanks. Yes, I was hesitant to go too far out because of the wind so I wanted to get a shot to plan for later and noticed how flat the shot looked. I cant wait to fly this spot as its one of the only valleys in the Cleveland area that’s not all National Park.

There's an old photography rule called "the rule of thirds". It says that you should have a horizon line cutting horizontally through the frame either 1/3 of the way up - if the sky is the interesting thing, or 1/3 of the way down - if it's the ground you want to show. I find that's a great rule to follow. You can turn a grid on in Go4 to give you the lines that cut the screen into thirds. It's useful to have that grid active all the time - and make sure that you align your gimbal with the horizon (as nothing annoys you more than getting the perfect landscape shot - but with a horizon that's not level!).

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d