DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I change the Litchi app voice ?

Paul Smith

Reactions
I've downloadedthe Litchi app on my Mavic 2 Pro which I use with a Smart Controller.
In an effort to understand the garbled voice, I've downloaded the Google Text-to-Speech engine along with the Google Play Store. Unfortunately neither appear on the "desktop" of my controller, despite being visible in the apps list. How do I go about sorting this problem out. I've tried so many things !

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20220501_200957357.jpg
    IMG_20220501_200957357.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220501_195446063.jpg
    IMG_20220501_195446063.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
I have Litchi on my SC for my M2/M2P and for me the voice sounds ok. However, a while ago, I downloaded the Google Text-to-Speech engine and it switched the voice automatically. In the meantime, I have reset my SC to factory settings and did not bother reinstalling the Google Text-to-Speech engine.

I've downloadedthe Litchi app on my Mavic 2 Pro which I use with a Smart Controller.
In an effort to understand the garbled voice, I've downloaded the Google Text-to-Speech engine along with the Google Play Store. Unfortunately neither appear on the "desktop" of my controller, despite being visible in the apps list. How do I go about sorting this problem out. I've tried so many things !

Thanks for any help.
I posted a reply to your Facebook request, but I'll repost here for the benefit of others.

Normally the files install into your "downloads" and you install from there. From the main "connect" when you start the controller, click the circle with the 4 little squares in it on the lower right. Then go to "file manager" and then "downloads". From there go to the "Google Text to Speech" and install it. You shouldn't have to mess with it after it is installed. If I remember correctly, it just starts and runs in the background every time you start the controller. There's also a setting you need to change so your photo/record buttons on the Smart Controller work when using Litchi. Go into settings under DJI Labs, scroll down to the second one from the bottom which is in all Chinese writing (at least it used to be, I haven't looked in a while), and enable this setting. The one right above it "camera lock" should also be turned off. With these in this position, the photo and record buttons work fine.
As far as your playstore question is concerned, I installed Litchi from the Amazon Appstore which was factory installed in my Smart Controller and never installed the playstore at all. Every playstore install video I've ever seen looked like a lot of hoops to jump through, and there is no need for it. The file should also be in the downloads if you really wish to install it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803