DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I download pictures from a Mini?

judell

Reactions
I just bought a Mavic Mini and I’m learning how to use it. I have take a few videos and some pictures but the pictures dont show up in my Album. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

I never bother with that. Just take out the SD card and stick it in your computer.

hi, just go to DJI Fly app, choose Album and click whatever you want to download at HD resolution (bird must be on and connected)
or do what Tentoes says ;)

hi, just go to DJI Fly app, choose Album and click whatever you want to download at HD resolution (bird must be on and connected)
or do what Tentoes says ;)
I’ve ordered a connected to my computer which will allow me to download the pictures to my computer From the SD card. Thanks to both of you for the tips.
I really appreciate the help.
Stay safe and well.

Reactions: sch
I just bought a Mavic Mini and I’m learning how to use it. I have take a few videos and some pictures but the pictures dont show up in my Album. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

While at the view screen where you film video or picture, press the icon under the shutter button. Then you can follow the images. Pictures/video will transfer to your device (phone or tab). Pictures transfer pretty fast but videos can take a while up to MINUTES. So use care if you try it while flying. I usually wait till it is on the ground. Also the transfers take battery power.

Mini-Download Pics.jpg

Reactions: RMS001 and sch
While at the view screen where you film video or picture, press the icon under the shutter button. Then you can follow the images. Pictures/video will transfer to your device (phone or tab). Pictures transfer pretty fast but videos can take a while up to MINUTES. So use care if you try it while flying. I usually wait till it is on the ground. Also the transfers take battery power.

View attachment 109329
That's amazing. Thank you for the detailed reply with pictures. Stay safe and well. The learning curve is not as steep with nice people like you.
Take care

As far as I can tell, you have to be hooked up to the controller AND the Mini has to be on and connected to download directly from the Mini. It would be nice if you could download without hooking your phone up to the controller. Is there any way to do this?

By far the easiest is to transfer to PC using a card reader. Videos you can see in the Fly app are cached low-res as streamed by the mini to the controller in flight.

Once in the PC you can do what you want with them, including connecting your phone to the pc and copying the original card photos & videos to the Fly app directory on your phone from where you can use the app to edit the original hi-res videos.

As far as I can tell, you have to be hooked up to the controller AND the Mini has to be on and connected to download directly from the Mini. It would be nice if you could download without hooking your phone up to the controller. Is there any way to do this?
And one other caution - the gimbal/camera protector needs to be off to do the transfer. Well, it might not HAVE TO BE OFF but when you turn on the drone, the gimbal/camera needs to be free to do its power up dance or you might damage its motor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter