DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I get paid for a classified item

Hi Dale,
I do a LOT of online sales. The 3.5% fee Paypal Goods And Services charges is worth the security for the buyer so they are usually willing to cover that.

Mike
I use PayPal as well, and I concur with this assessment.

TCS

Great tip thanks

To my way of thinking, these companies do us a great service providing protection for both the seller and the buyer. Without them, there would be very little recourse if you sent your item and the buyer withheld the item, and vice versa. It is a small price to pay for peace of mind to me and I am for it.

Dale
Exactly.

In a lot of ways, they serve the function of an escrow company in real estate transactions.

Using escrow companies isn't free; just worth it!

TCS

To add to that, all PayPal really does with this protection is hold the buyer's money until the package has been marked as delivered and in my personal experience, it's fairly difficult to get your money back unless the seller simply agrees. I mean, 3% is a pittance to pay and they don't do much so yes, I agree that despite the difficulty in getting your money back, the price for the services is fair.
Somebody swiped my PayPal card number a while back, and ending up buying a lot of pizza 700 miles away.

At the time (10 years ago?) the process for making a claim was cumbersome and annoying, but the charges did eventually get reversed.

TCS

Eventually there will be no cash and income tax will be charged on every cent deposited into your account.
That would be Evil, but there's almost zero chance of that happening anytime soon.

I use cash all the time, unless there's a serious convenience penalty for doing so, like buying stuff on-line.

TCS

That would be Evil, but there's almost zero chance of that happening anytime soon.

I use cash all the time, unless there's a serious convenience penalty for doing so, like buying stuff on-line.

TCS
They are programming everyone to get used to it every day. Card only at this register due to a national change shortage……ok. Where the heck did all of the change go? Did it get Covid and have to quarantine? Or is it just to get people in the habit of using a card for everything?

Mike

They are programming everyone to get used to it every day. Card only at this register due to a national change shortage……ok. Where the heck did all of the change go? Did it get Covid and have to quarantine? Or is it just to get people in the habit of using a card for everything?

Mike
Good shot with the Change with Covid zing!

I have to agree that the whole change shortage seems fishy to me. But I don't think it's driven by some nefarious Grand Plan to get people to stop using cash. On occasion I've challenge the "No Change" thing, and in every case, I've gotten change.

Does anyone here have any actual knowledge about the whole "Change Shortage" business?

Thx,

TCS

Reactions: slozukimc
I’ll tell ya what really gets me with ebay is that they charge their ridiculous fees, not only on the selling price, but also the sales tax and shipping. That is a downright scam! Sellers should not have to pay fees on those no way, no how.

Mike
I am reducing the price of the Mavic Min 2 from $400.00 included shipping to $375.00, but charging for shipping. Buyer can decide on shipping method/cost from UPS ground (usually a week) to more rapid but costlier Fed Ex.

If you are interested, this will be the lowest I can go, or else I just hold on to it for a spare drone. There is still about 4-5 months left on Care Refresh by the way.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom