DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I get the maximum cam visibility at night?

Stringfellow-Hawke

Reactions
My question is, what settings in the camera or whatnot can I adjust to provide more visibility at night? Would love to see more while flying at night..

If you use the manual exposure, you can up the ASA rating until you get the exposure you want. However, it's always a compromise between exposure and grainy image.

If you use the manual exposure, you can up the ASA rating until you get the exposure you want. However, it's always a compromise between exposure and grainy image.
The OP won’t find an ASA setting to adjust.

1. Open the aperture (lowest f setting).

2. If shooting video set 24fps so you have 1/50s available.

3. Increase your ISO until you have correct exposure at 1/50s.

If shooting images go for the longest exposure you can manage without blur, 2 seconds shouldnt be an issue in a hover with calm conditions.

My question is, what settings in the camera or whatnot can I adjust to provide more visibility at night? Would love to see more while flying at night..
Don't fly in such dark places.
The camera isn't a night vision device.
tou should see plenty if you are looking at areas that have enough light for photography.

The OP won’t find an ASA setting to adjust.

1. Open the aperture (lowest f setting).

2. If shooting video set 24fps so you have 1/50s available.

3. Increase your ISO until you have correct exposure at 1/50s.

If shooting images go for the longest exposure you can manage without blur, 2 seconds shouldnt be an issue in a hover with calm conditions.

My bad. Thinking of olden times. I meant ISO of course.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
You will notice a significant difference between still pic mode and video mode. You can easily see a lot through the camera in still pic mode during night flights, that would be a completely dark/blank image if in video mode. night flights are excellent for hyperlapse and long exposure pics

Reactions: Obsidian Sereniti
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose