DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I get videos and photos off my new Air 3?

Did that yesterday. I formatted through disk utility. I can now transfer files one by one to my phone, but it still won't read on the computer. I guess no one uses Macs for video and photos.

Did that yesterday. I formatted through disk utility. I can now transfer files one by one to my phone, but it still won't read on the computer. I guess no one uses Macs for video and photos.
This problem seems to come up frequently with Mac users, but isn't an issue with users of real computers.
It has to do with the new longer file names DJI is using now.

Try using Finder on your Mac.
I've read of others solving their issue with that.

I battled the same problem as you and others on the forum helped me resolve it. There are several ways but if you connect to the Mac (whether sd card via card reader or usb from aircraft to computer) you will have to access the files thru finder. For me the best way actually has been the quick file transfer feature where I just hold my iPhone close to the drone (drone must be on and motors/propellers not turning), open DJI fly and access the quick file transfer and the files transfer to my photo album amazingly fast. No card removal. No cords. Try it. You will like it.

Complete details here: Aircraft Photo or Video Files Export Guide!

Reactions: solidhouse
Sorry you had issues, @KenG . I've never had any issues reading the files on the microSD card from my Air 3 on my MacBook Pro. No need to bash a computer you don't understand Mr. @Meta4

@Robflyer Did you figure it out yet?

I battled the same problem as you and others on the forum helped me resolve it. There are several ways but if you connect to the Mac (whether sd card via card reader or usb from aircraft to computer) you will have to access the files thru finder. For me the best way actually has been the quick file transfer feature where I just hold my iPhone close to the drone (drone must be on and motors/propellers not turning), open DJI fly and access the quick file transfer and the files transfer to my photo album amazingly fast. No card removal. No cords. Try it. You will like it.

Complete details here: Aircraft Photo or Video Files Export Guide!
Quick transfer is the best way to transfer files to a photo album. It’s lightning fast!

Well said Hawkwind! Using quick transfer now - haven't had time to try my MacBook instead of my iMac. It's at another location, will try this weekend. BTW, where specifically are you guys locating these files in Finder? I thought I tried everywhere, but maybe I am missing something? Thanks again

BTW, where specifically are you guys locating these files in Finder?
Unless you set your drone to record on the internal storage, the image files are on the SD card.
You'll find a Folder there called DCIM and inside that another folder called DJI_001.
Your files are in it.

Tried that, nothing. What is the consensus of where to put the SD card into, the drone or the controller?

Tried that, nothing. What is the consensus of where to put the SD card into, the drone or the controller?
Put the card in the drone to store photos and videos during flight, then pull the card from the drone and put into the computer SD/microSD card reader slot or adapter to read them.

When you insert the card on your Mac, a drive should appear on the desktop AND in the list of mounted volumes, which you will see in an open folder on the left side, with the name of the SD Card.

Just found out that if you do the following, you’ll be able to see all the files. This works for me on windows 11 anyway.
Attach the RC 2 to the PC.
Turn on the controller
Open the Explorer Files window
Scroll down until you see My PC tab on the left side of the screen
Double click on My PC
It will pull up the RC 2 controller under drives and devices
Double click on the RC tab and all your files will be here

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads