DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I stand legally....

Here’s the photo, only a thumbnail of it?
Very nice pic! No wonder the dude wants to buy it. I haven't read the whole thread but did you find out if it's ok to sell? Sad than in America we have to get permission to sell a photograph.

Very nice pic! No wonder the dude wants to buy it. I haven't read the whole thread but did you find out if it's ok to sell? Sad than in America we have to get permission to sell a photograph.

No not really but not to cross the line in any way, I’ve just given him the photo, again like what I’ve already said, free of charge.?

No not really but not to cross the line in any way, I’ve just given him the photo, again like what I’ve already said, free of charge.?
Yes, strictly, you are (would have been!) ok to sell. If you see the quote from the Air Navigation Order 2009 (my post from Monday when I was in massive procrastination mode) - the situation actually seems very similar to the US version - it is your intention at the time of the flight that determines whether it is "aerial work" (requiring a PfCO, insurance to EU regulation EC785/2004 and CAA requirements, etc, etc) or a recreational flight.

Knowing, of course, the bansturbationary nature of many UK authorities, I wouldn't rely on that for more than an occasional sale - as they would probably claim that you _were_ taking the pictures with intent to subsequently make available for sale.

Reactions: Porky
Imagine a world where you just can do what ever you want with your own property. What a world that would be. I think the UK is in deeper trouble though with the meme war.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial