DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I turn off audible beepers on Air 2 drone

eEridani

Reactions
Title says it all. Air 2 - Smart Controller - flying indoors even with the OA off the drone is beeping continuously. None of the manuals (SC and A2) even hint about the drone itself. Sure, I can turn off the controller audio (turning off the OA is sufficient there), but the drone itself is creeping around making all this racket it is hard to concentrate.

I would be surprised if you could.
Me? I just switch off my hearing aids lol, "silence is golden".
With Phantoms some people drilled the controller and plugged the speaker etc, etc.

Lol - when a device with spinning knives is close to you, you generally notice - the beepers are a bit redundant. Ear plugs may be my only option. The DJI forums are also not being helpful. I'll give the forums a couple of days, next step will be to see if I can get a response from their chat bots.

Mine does that when it needs a stick calibration. It will stop after a while. If you move the sticks around prior to powering up the controller, it usually takes care of it (I think it might have something to do with me storing it with the sticks attached and moving it them around while getting set up). I don't have an SC but it seems to work with the original controller.

I think he's talking about beeping that is coming from the drone itself...at least that is how I read it. I am only aware of sounds made by the drone itself when it powers up. Perhaps th op thinks the sound is from the drone?

Certainly turning off obstacle avoidance indoors is probably a good idea...though flying indoors with the MA2 is not the best of ideas since GPS will be marginal and there is no way to set the drone for ATTI mode (GPS disabled).

Two sound sources, smart controller, drone. Several have said the MA2 doesn't have a speaker. Well, mine does. The drone beeps. And it's not some weird motor drive resonance. The beeping I am concerned with is while in normal controlled flight, all systems working properly, but an obstacle is present (me, a wall, etc). Indoors, that is almost all the time. Outdoors, not as much of a problem, but still annoying when launching or bringing the drone down between fences and trees to land. Even launching off a table near my car (as a wind break) out in the middle of nowhere (beep beeeep beeeeep beeeeeep). DJI wants me to send them a video - lol - the drone doesn't record audio, and the controller doesn't have a camera. So some how I'll need to be operating the drone via controller all the while managing to use a video recorder to capture the experience. I should have opted for the 4 armed version body.

ps: no - I do not fly indoors as a matter of course; I've been flying indoors to play with settings (why bother neighbors with the noise by flying in my back yard) or to drain the batteries down to chargeable levels so the next day I have full batteries.

Last edited:
Two sound sources, smart controller, drone. Several have said the MA2 doesn't have a speaker. Well, mine does. The drone beeps. And it's not some weird motor drive resonance. The beeping I am concerned with is while in normal controlled flight, all systems working properly, but an obstacle is present (me, a wall, etc). Indoors, that is almost all the time. Outdoors, not as much of a problem, but still annoying when launching or bringing the drone down between fences and trees to land. Even launching off a table near my car (as a wind break) out in the middle of nowhere (beep beeeep beeeeep beeeeeep). DJI wants me to send them a video - lol - the drone doesn't record audio, and the controller doesn't have a camera. So some how I'll need to be operating the drone via controller all the while managing to use a video recorder to capture the experience. I should have opted for the 4 armed version body.
I've owned the MA2 since launch, and the drone itself does not beep during obstacle avoidance. Those sounds are coming from your controller device. As another reply mentioned, the only beeps that come from the drone are the power-up chimes.

Reactions: MA2 317 and maggior
This is insane. I carefully turned off the two sound sliders on the controller, placed the drone and controller on either side of me, and set up a collision condition. For all of my senses, the drone was beeping.

After reading all the "drone has no buzzer" replies, and looking through several tear downs that sure seem to show no obvious micro-piezo devices, and beginning to think I must be crazy, I tried something else.

On my Smart Controller, under sound settings, there is some Chinese writing I can't read, nor is there any manual that describes what this feature is. Underneath that toggle, there are several other settings, including some haptic options.

So I went through the list and disabled everything there except the haptic.

The drone is now silent (the haptic warning does work).

Back to how I got here. I'm open to the notion it was an acoustic illusion that the drone was beeping, but you had to be there. Two objects, 90 degrees apart, drone left, controller right, both 3' away. Beep clearly coming from drone. Hard to mess up, right?

At least now I know what to focus on as I get back to DJI on this. If I learn anything new, I'll post it here.

Reactions: MA2 317
Here's the screen that actually squelched the beeping:

Attachments

• DJI SC Audio - small.jpg
    DJI SC Audio - small.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads