DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do people mount their polarising filters ?

I only ever fit and remove filters with the gimbal clamp on and drone powered off as its so delicate.
That is a good idea. I will have to dig my original DJI clamp out as I now use a third party combined clamp and cover. I also fear for my camera and gimbal when mounting the filter as it feel so delicate.

You could do that.
Obviously it wouldn't actually work for reasons explained above but if it makes you feel better then go for it.

Well i tried it but it doesnt work, okay :) what is your idea share it to me please

Well i tried it but it doesnt work, okay :) what is your idea share it to me please

Stand at the same angle of sun to subject, looking through filter. Rotate until you see the effect then look at the markings on the bezel. Fit onto drone at exactly that orientation.

I am still confused. That Polar pro video implied that there is just one active position. It didn't reference the sun or shooting angle at all. If that were the case then they could mark the position on the filter.

Polar pro have replied to my email asking about their filters and they sent a link to 2 videos. One is the video posted above and the other is for the Mavic Air but they said the principle is the same.
That video is exactly how I thought it would be. Just wish we could rotate our filters on the Pro as you appear to be able to on the Air !

Last edited:
I am still confused. That Polar pro video implied that there is just one active position. It didn't reference the sun or shooting angle at all. If that were the case then they could mark the position on the filter.

Yes. Because the video is completely wrong.
Hell it even uses an LCD screen where different manufacturers use different angles of polarisation. It pays no attention to where the sun is in the sky, the angle to the subject or reflections. Its garbage.

The fool proof method is look through it with your own eyes, adjust until your own eyes show its correct then fit to drone.
With the mavic pro i really wouldnt be rotating the thing on the drone - that gimbal is way too fragile (plus you cant see the screen well when doing it)

Yes. Because the video is completely wrong.
Its garbage.
LOL
I hope they read this thread and see your comments (I sent them the URL) as they should withdraw that video or at very least edit it and explain that the sweet spot is dynamic.
That guy did get it right in the second (Mavic Air) video though so my confusion is gone.
Also, I complained (gently & constructively) in my email about not getting a case when I bought the single 32NDPL and they kindly said they would send me an empty case for 6 filters FOC so I can keep all 4 of mine together (they did not know I was in the UK though so postage will be a lot higher - I am sure they can afford it ;))

Last edited:
Stand at the same angle of sun to subject, looking through filter. Rotate until you see the effect then look at the markings on the bezel. Fit onto drone at exactly that orientation.

Got it thank you:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78