DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do the regular DJI warranty and the DJI Care work when requesting for an RMA?

AroundTheWorld

Reactions
Hello,

It's been a while that my Mavic 2 Pro doesn't want to take off anymore (I have an ESC Status error message) and I wanted to send it back to DJI for repair.

The thing is that I would like to use this opportunity in order to receive a brand new drone cause my corners are way too softs in all recording modes and almost 1/3rd of the right side is blurry which is definitely visible on a 4K screen.

1) Could you guys tell me if, when you send your drone back to DJI, you usually get the same drone repaired? Another refurbished drone? Or a brand new one?

2) Obviously the best thing would be to use the regular warranty and hoping to receive a brand new drone free of charge but I'm pretty sure that they are sending refurbished units only. Would I maximize my chances to get a brand new drone if I ask to use the DJI Care Refresh instead of the regular warranty? I don't mind paying 119 Euros if I'm sure to get an unused drone and battery. I'm just wondering if I can use the DJI Care if my drone didn't crash.

3) What should I send? The drone only? With or without the battery ? The controller? Cables?

Thanks for your help

According to DJI Care Refresh web page:
"These replacements will be in new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability."

Open a case with DJI. You will then explain (via email) the problem(s) you are experiencing. They will either recommend some things to try or send you a RMA with a prepaid UPS Ground shipping label. Without the RMA from DJI most likely they will send it back because they don't have any record of a case for that serial number.

Doesn't hurt to ask them, but they usually tell you in the email exactly what items to include in the return box.

Thanks. From what I have seen, people who used the DJI Care Refresh to replace their drone received two sealed boxes with all the stickers still in: one box for the drone and another one for the battery instead of the regular packaging, which makes me think that DJI is probably sending refurbished drones and accessories, not matter if you used the regular warranty or the DJI Care.

I opened a ticket with DJI and I will return the drone without the battery and see where it goes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness