DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you force 5.8?

R1Mavic

Reactions
Mine is on 2.4 and I choose custom, but I don't see 5.8 anywhere.

That worked and my range around house is clearly better. Let me ask this, when in the middle of nowhere should I keep on 5.8 or flip back to auto for 2.4?

That worked and my range around house is clearly better. Let me ask this, when in the middle of nowhere should I keep on 5.8 or flip back to auto for 2.4?[

Can you please tell me what did you do? I’m frustrated, I can’t find the fix for the 5.8 to show!!!

You have to go into wifi options and change from auto to custom. Then scroll down to channels. 1-11 are 2.4 and 149 to 165 are 5.8. Choose one of those and it's in 5.8

Reactions: sjakobako
I don’t see any channel above 11 on mine. US/Canada location. Brand new latest firmware. iOS iPhone X. Help!

I don’t see any channel above 11 on mine. US/Canada location. Brand new latest firmware. iOS iPhone X. Help!
Had same problem. I installed on my android phone. It asked me for flysafe update and I did. Then switched back To my ipad mini 4. All channels were there 2.4 and 5.8

Great, will try with an Android phone in the next day or two.

Unfortunately, I couldn't connect using a friend's Android phone. I connected just the phone to the Air's wifi, but I couldn't get into the flight screen, so there was no way to check that 5.8Ghz was available.
This is really frustrating - I only have channels 1-10 on 2.4Ghz available using my iPhone X! And I live downtown, so I don't get more than about ~500m of range before I lose signal. Hoping that 5.8 will change that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J