DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you get the Note 9 to connect to the go 4 app?

sadatoni

Reactions
Trying to get my galaxy note 9 to connect to the dji go 4 app and it won't do it. All it says is slow charge. How do you make it work?

Thanks

Nevermind. Instructions were unclear (in fact, much of the user manual leaves a lot to be desired - the Spark manual is better) - it has to be plugged into the side usb port of the controller.

All activated and ready for some decent weather.

Last edited:
Trying to get my galaxy note 9 to connect to the dji go 4 app and it won't do it. All it says is slow charge. How do you make it work?

Thanks

Nevermind. Instructions were unclear (in fact, much of the user manual leaves a lot to be desired - the Spark manual is better) - it has to be plugged into the side usb port of the controller.

All activated and ready for some decent weather.

It can also connect to the bottom port but then UNplug any cable to the side port they are mutually exclusive. EXCEPT you can attach a power bank to the side port and a device to the bottom port at the same time.

I’ve never had a problem with my Note9. Go4 launches without issue, however I’d did start to get a few disconnects with the controller, which happened 1st time over water and caused a few heart palpitations

I changed the supplied cable from DJI which connects to the top port in the controller and didn’t have the same issue, but I’ve now changed to using the bottom controller port and a short USB C cable to the phone

I think I’ll continue with the bottom port to connect, as the top port I’ll use exclusively for charging, which also should mean there’s less pulling cables in and out which could be problematic, due to the ‘unique’ design of the port that can and has caused other owners to break the little tongue in the port by incorrectly attaching a normal micro USB cable

I hope that helps

Reactions: ff22
Generally speaking, yes. Can you use the side port with a phone? Absolutely but, people have discovered that the USB-A port on the bottom of the RC is more robust and, more reliable. BUT, you can't have a cable connected to the upper Micro-USB port at the same time, not even the little dongles, or the bottom port will be disabled.

So it's better to just leave the top port unplugged and just use the bottom port?

That’s the conclusion I came to. Also, I’m buying a reversible micro usb cable, which also reduces the risk of damaging the side port

I believe other people also use the magnetic tip micro usb cables, where the connector remains in the port and the cable itself connects magnetically

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph