DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you identify AEB photos ?

Starshots

Reactions
If you take a mix of AEB, Smart and normal images on a flight, is there an easy way to identify the 5 (or 3) photos which make up an AEB shot or which were shot in Smart ?

They should be in your normal dcim folder and be a mix of normal, under and over exposed images of the exact same shot. Open them up in Bridge or use Extra Large Icons in windows and they are easy enough to spot

They should be in your normal dcim folder and be a mix of normal, under and over exposed images of the exact same shot. Open them up in Bridge or use Extra Large Icons in windows and they are easy enough to spot
Thanks, it would be good to be able to set exposure from low to dark like I can on my DSLR, the DJI method seems random.

Reactions: Grippy
You can do that, albeit it is a little cumbersome. Set your exposure 1.7 stops under, shoot your aeb series (5). Set exposure to zero, shoot 5 more. Then set exposure to +1.7, and shoot 5. Then in software, combine the each batch of five, then combine the three resultant photos. Putsy, but possible.

If you take a mix of AEB, Smart and normal images on a flight, is there an easy way to identify the 5 (or 3) photos which make up an AEB shot or which were shot in Smart ?
I use a small trick to delineate any special series of images.

I have programed my left sided C program button) to point straight down at the group on first press, and to return to straight ahead on the second press. (Mavic 2 Pro).

So if I am doing a series of manual panoramas or Auto Eposures, my first shot is "C: button, point gimbal straight down at the ground. Then shoot your series. Then ,point it down at the ground again. The two downwards shots "bookend your series of shots. Simple! Show up immediately on your layout.

I have programed my left sided C program button) to point straight down at the group on first press, and to return to straight ahead on the second press. (Mavic 2 Pro).

So if I am doing a series of manual panoramas or Auto Eposures, my first shot is "C: button, point gimbal straight down at the ground. Then shoot your series. Then ,point it down at the ground again. The two downwards shots "bookend your series of shots. Simple! Show up immediately on your layout.
Great idea

Reactions: BrianVivian
Great idea
I'm sorry for the typographic error. It meant to say, the C button is set to point straight down at the group. I bookend each series of AEB or panos with a ground shot to set these off when viewed in Adobe Bridge or Lightroom.

Thus
Ground shot-shot 1-shot 2-shot 3- ground shot 0-1-2-3-0

I learned this technique while first doing sequential timelapse sequences. The first shot is putting my hand over the lens and shooting, then the timelapse sequence, the final shot I put my hand over the lens. So it is BLACK.....sequence of shots....BLACK.

Reactions: Wav2000

Thank You for sharing that!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa