DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you judge "too windy"?

Good morning to all-
Being an old sailboat person, I am very sensitive to wind strength and wind behavior. I've been knocked down many times when I misjudged wind or the wind strength changed on me.

Anyway, I wonder how you all make judgements on fly/no fly when it comes to the Mini 2.

I look at the trees and the flag down at my flying field. If the main body of the trees is moving with the wind, I don't fly. If the flag is blowing out straight, I don't fly. And I pay particular attention to irregular wind gusts and calms, These are the conditions that present the most challenge to me- either flying my drone or sailing.

Interested in seeing how you make your decisions.

good day to all- Ed
When i fly i usually want to take awesome desktop shots for my computer.. and take pano's when its too windy you prolly can take a photo but the horizon will be cockeyed and your pano will be a little off on the stiching of the pics but just for flying i guess you can fly in a breezy day but im like you.. if it looks a little too windy i dont fly now if i had a larger type drone then i would fly but our mini 2s are only 250g weight, its like taking a ferarri and driving it at 130 mph.. NP.. but taking a toyota corolla that speed would make it strain and it wont be too happy.. same with our drone, lots of stress on the motor.. if you live in a windy prone area then a larger type drone would be a better choice. True most of the user group here will say NP on flying in a windy day but the fact of the matter its the strain on the motors to keep it steady and to keep GPS location in place.

if it looks a little too windy i dont fly now if i had a larger type drone then i would fly but our mini 2s are only 250g weight,
The weight of the drone is not important.
How fast it can fly is what matters when you are considering flying in windy conditons.
same with our drone, lots of stress on the motor ..... the fact of the matter its the strain on the motors to keep it steady and to keep GPS location in place.
Flying in windy conditions doesn't put any more stress on the motors than flying fast in still air.
They are designed and built to handle anything you'll encounter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan