DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you record / sync narrated audio

mswlogo

Reactions
With my Skydio it automatically made a screen recording with audio as part of the log on the phone.

When syncing video from the drone to the phone there was an option to sync that audio to the drone footage.

No editing, no syncing. Just flip a switch.

I want the drone noise (on take off and landing) and wind.

What’s the easiest way to do that with RC Pro and Mavic 3 Pro (and iPhone).

As far as I know, this isn't possible on DJI drones.

Two options:

1. Use DJI mic plugged into RC pro to record take off and landing audio, then sync to flight audio via post. This would not allow for your desired "wind" audio. Obviously once the drone is out of range of the DJI mic, you'd just get yourself breathing or other local noise.
  2. Use an action cam/go pro mounted to DJI came and sync with your drone footage in post. This is probably the easiest method, but still requires a few steps.
Neither are ideal, but unless someone else chimes in differently... you may have no choice to get the desired outcome.

Probably the best way, assuming I correctly understand what you want, is to have an external mic set up near the drone. Stand near the mic, in view of the drone. Start recording with the mic and recording with the drone and then do a loud clap in front of the drone camera before you start the engines. Sync the audio of the clap with the drone video of the clap and bob's your uncle. If you needed, you could do this in reverse when landing, if you won't be recording continuously during the flight...land near the mic with you in view of the drone recording, then clap once it lands and synch the landing video clip with the landing audio.

Reactions: Filmarik
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne