DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How does the Mavic Air 2 perform in cold weather?

Wow... So voicing my opinion is immature but voicing your opinion is freedom of speech.

Nice double standard you have there.
Freedom is speech is standard which allows you to be immature if you want.
By the way I never called you immature.
Just maybe I was talking about something else.

The first to check it out in below freezing temps. And yes, I am promoting my channel, just so we are all clear. Also, it's valuable information, so there's that.

Boy this thread certainly got sniped by phantomrain. Bro, you do you, but I don’t appreciate your methods. Just letting you know.

Back on topic if possible: who tryed flying in cold temps, at what temperature and how was that?

I flew this friday at -7C (ground temp of course, maybe lower at 400 ft where I went) and noted a little slower top speed : 8-9 m/s instead of 11 m/s. Density of air maybe...
Noting much more to note. I landed with a battery temp at around 30c.
I will fly at -20C this winter. I had no trouble with a Yuneec drone last winter.
I wonder if the gimbal will react slower...

Great video btw!

I flew yesterday, it was about 1 degree celsius on the ground and quite windy... (around 35f) No issues, my hands got cold well before I was low on battery.

You can see ice forming on this water feature... This area is about 4 hours north of Ottawa up the river valley.
DJI_0040.JPG

Last edited:
I flew yesterday, it was about 1 degree celsius on the ground and quite windy... (around 35f) No issues, my hands got cold well before I was low on battery.

You can see ice forming on this water feature... This area is about 4 hours north of Ottawa up the river valley.
View attachment 116349
Nice shot! Winter offers so much opportunities of nice shots.
Here is one from Friday morning, not exceptionnal for as a testimony
0822E34D-9964-4446-AEC3-FF31BA5E60C0.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman