DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How far?

Reactions: Flycaster
And where does internet come into it?

Hopefully the OP will chime back in if he needs further clarity in anything.

Until then what does it matter?
Because many think you need or equate internet for WiFi. WiFi is a pipe, Internet is what happens to be flowing in the pipe most of the time.

Same with Cromecast. You use Wi-Fi to connect Chrome cast. Unless the Chrome cast is connected to your home network, you'll lose internet when you connect directly to the chrome cast WiFi.

My question is answerd thank you. You know that not everyone is a tech wizard and some people need a little help from time to time. I thought that was what forums were for. I wish people could just be a little more polite. Belittling someone because you are smarter than them on this topic or any other is just plain mean. Thank you all for your help it is much appreciated.

I know that the drone itself sets up a wifi connection between the aircraft and the controller.
I know that the drone itself sets up a wifi connection between the aircraft and the controller.
I don’t think you have this right.

Connection between controller and Mavic pro is a proprietary transmission protocol called occusync..

If you connect to Mavic pro with wifi (direct to phone/tablet) you will be limited to 50m height and 80m distance.

I don’t think anyone is having a go at you here- your question caused confusion.

There are no silly questions.

I don’t think you have this right.

Connection between controller and Mavic pro is a proprietary transmission protocol called occusync..

If you connect to Mavic pro with wifi (direct to phone/tablet) you will be limited to 50m height and 80m distance.

I don’t think anyone is having a go at you here- your question caused confusion.

There are no silly questions.
So the occusync is what allows the aircraft to fly longer distances not the wifi? I think I understand now

If your using the controller you will be using occusync. If you select wifi on the little switch at rear right hand side of craft, you are turning off occusync and disabling the controller and setting the drone to be controlled via the app. Much less range.
You are certainly within your rights to ask questions here, but it’s always a good idea to read and try and understand the manual first. That way you know what you are asking and will hopefully get a better response. That’s assuming you even need to ask the question after reading the manual

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Awesome. You have answered my questions. Thank you for your time and knowledge in this matter. Also thank you for being polite.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329