DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How fast does a Mavic Pro 1 sink?

I believe the question would be How high to fly over water?
Pretty sure that is off topic at best and a hijack at worst. You could start your own topic or search for one of the gazillion answers to that particular one.

I believe the question would be How high to fly over water?
That's a good point. When I first bought my MP1 I wanted to use it mainly for aerial views of islands and coastal regions where I go diving to complement my underwater video footage. In the UK our drone club meets every week (outside Lock Down period) where there are some small lakes and a river nearby which make for some scenic views, however when I take it abroad I fly mostly over the ocean from liveaboard vessels but also over lakes and coastal regions in places like Africa and the Far East which makes for good footage, but I don't go wave-skimming or flying very high if the sea breezes are too strong, so by and large I fly at least 20 metres up and often quite a bit higher if there's little wind. I used to be quite nervous at first after initially reading some reports from forum member's experiences that drones and water don't mix but, touch wood, I've personally never experienced issues as long as one flies sensibly. As for how fast does an MP1 sink? I for one don't intend to find out!

Sorry but yes you can dry it out . I did my M2P and am still
flying it almost everyday. Wasn’t under but a minute and got to it with the lights still blinking and removed the battery.
It‘s a goner but blew all the water out,sprayed electronics cleaner all in it and just let it sit for a month. Was fresh water
and might be that 1 in a 1000 but it’s fine. That was last summer.
Have seen some use rice or other things but under certain
circumstances you can get lucky.
Mine was in the water for two days. Couldn't find it at first, but right away after the polarized lenses as mentioned. I dried it for two months and upon adding power the props did their thing but the camera connections started smoking. That didn't seem normal...so, I was not quite as fortunate and DJI graciously offered to repair it for more than it was worth.

Mine was in the water for two days. Couldn't find it at first, but right away after the polarized lenses as mentioned. I dried it for two months and upon adding power the props did their thing but the camera connections started smoking. That didn't seem normal...so, I was not quite as fortunate and DJI graciously offered to repair it for more than it was worth.
Yeah hate that for you. Like i said i was lucky and was right there to grab mine.

Reactions: old man mavic
It will sink faster in fresh water lake than in the ocean water by law of physics. I can't wait for someone to do a novel experiment to prove it.
The interesting part of the question is to justapose: how fast do a MP fall? Funny!?

Replying after 3 years, because yesterday I had the expierence over 5meters of water I hit a fishing rod with the drone and it sank right away like a rock, didn't have even a second to catch it. RIP

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I hope to never repeat this over water with my M1P.

Welcome to the forum too.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure