DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how good really is the Mavic 2 pro at Preventing a Crash?

Ang

Reactions
lets say you flew in P mode (so max speed like 30MPH) straight into a tree, wall e.t.c. how quickly would the drone detect and stop before it hits the object? i know its front and back sensor is like 25FT while its side are much less, but im wondering if it were to get close to a tree, even on the side with the "lower end" sensors, would it actually be good at preventing a crash?

Give it a go & post a picture of the resulting pieces ;)

Seriously – A wall possibly but trees are evil, its the branches & twiggy bits that cause problems with sensors.
Sensors are only an emergency backup that may or may not prevent a crash due to pilot error not a fail-safe for reckless flying.

The front and back sensors are fairly responsive and will stop it cold at about 6 ft. They can be fooled by small thin objects like mentioned above. They are also unreliable with reflective or transparent surfaces. The side, top, and bottom sensors have a much slower response time and seem to be less accurate. Personally, I would not 100% trust or depend on any of them to save your drone from hitting things.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I've had the sensors kick in and save my butt several times, but I don't rely on them like a bullet proof vest (where your head, arms, and legs are unprotected anyway).

Do not tempt fate. Do not taunt fate.

Do you actually have a shoot that requires this knowledge (must get close to a tree for a pre-determined shot), or are you just curious?

Personally I don’t rely on the sensors I fly in sport mode anyway 90% of the time. Never had a crash or hard landing in four years. Actually I’ve never found it necessary to fly that close to anything that’s why the zoom lens is extremely nice wouldn’t be without one.

I've had the sensors kick in and save my butt several times, but I don't rely on them like a bullet proof vest (where your head, arms, and legs are unprotected anyway).

Do not tempt fate. Do not taunt fate.

Do you actually have a shoot that requires this knowledge (must get close to a tree for a pre-determined shot), or are you just curious?
just curious.

Personally I don’t rely on the sensors I fly in sport mode anyway 90% of the time. Never had a crash or hard landing in four years. Actually I’ve never found it necessary to fly that close to anything that’s why the zoom lens is extremely nice wouldn’t be without one.
any reason for always sport mode other then the speed?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiremobiledevelopers