DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Hard to set up Avata2

Daytona500

Reactions
I've seen a couple you tube video's on people trying to set up the avata 2 and pulling their hair out in frustration because its a real PITA . How many of you have had a hard time. Mine's coming tomorrow and I get frustrated easily . Please tell me its not that bad.

Everything seemed pretty straightforward to me. But, I do own a lot of DJI drones.

This video should help you get started:

Thanks Msinger. I truly hope its straight forward , I have an air1 had a mpro3 and now have a mpro 4. I had a few issues setting them up but I muddled thru. As you probably know from my past experiences. I'm not that tech savvy .I'm an old gezzer so learning this new tech stuff is not easy for me. But I do love to fly and take pictures. So well see if I can get it in the air when it comes. LOL

no issues for me
unbox, activate everything and charge batteries as per normal.
First flight flawless

I havent seen the videos of people having issues. can you link me one?

I was in that same situation only last week with my Mini 2 SE, I was dreading the set up procedure wondering what would go wrong, luckily it went like clockwork, the Fly app was brilliant, you'll be grand, have faith young Skywalker :):):)

Lots of people have trouble setting up their first DJI Drone. If DJI would leave the terminology alone and stop making words that mean one thing mean another it would help. I am a lifelong RC hobbyist My first time setting up MY DJI was Kinda confusing and a little frustrating BUT I soon had it going. I don't think you will have that problem you are already a DJI owner so you have been through the hoops.

Lots of people have trouble setting up their first DJI Drone. If DJI would leave the terminology alone and stop making words that mean one thing mean another it would help.

Hey fella, how 'bout you write the Chinese version of the instruction manual for that infamous American product, the Left Handed Wind Shifter? Huh? Dooood? 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Seriously, with so much coming from China these days, maybe we need to add a course in Chenglish to elementary school edumacation...

🤣

Reactions: Cafguy
Thanks for all the encouragement . Its out for delivery so we'll soon find out.:oops:

I thought I was going to be one of those guys having trouble. Here is what I learned---the hard way!!!!

Scan the QR code on the inside of the box. Under the tutortial video on the site is a GET button for the new updated app. I could not find it in the App Store anywhere. Once I updated the app, setup was a breeze.

actually i did uninstall and then re-install the Fly app.
I had forgotten that i did this as it was just the first think i thought to do when the avata 2 wasnt seen in the app. it was almost by reflex and i didnt consider it further

I found i couldnt update. So uninstall and reinstall newest

Took me ages to step thru the tutorial in the googles . I'd point at next and click the button on the controller but it would take ages to step on to the next menu page

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J