DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How long does the DJI RC battery last?

scro

Reactions
How many standard aircraft batteries are people getting the DJI RC battery to last for, typically? I've not done enough flying yet to get much of a feel for this.

How many standard aircraft batteries are people getting the DJI RC battery to last for, typically? I've not done enough flying yet to get much of a feel for this.
I've heard I think up to 4 hours, which would be several batteries. However your mileage may vary.

Generally, I think most people probably recharge when they get down to a couple LED's on the RC.

It's rated for 4 hours battery life as per DJI spec. So assuming you land with ~20% battery left like most people, that is about 25 minutes per standard battery or about 9.5 theoretical flights before you have to charge the RC. You don't want to run the RC battery down to zero as that is just as bad for it as it is for a drone battery, so it's more like 6-8 flights.

If you aren't using the RC in airplane mode and have the screen brightness maxed, and are using it to record to a SD card of it's own, I would expect noticeably less battery life.

Reactions: scro
flying 4 standard batteries down to 40% in my Mini 3 pro ,i will end up with 2 lights solid 3rd one flashing from a fully charged controller,

I started a screen recording and when all three of the standard batteries one hour and sixteen minutes

Not sure if you can on the RC but on my M2P remote I have an external phone charger that can charge it as I fly if needed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet