DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How long is the actual flight time?

SharkWatch

Reactions
Thinking of upgrading from Air 2S to Air 3 for camera and especially flight time upgrade. Realistically I get 20 minutes from the 2s. Hoping the 3 is at least 35 minutes.

Can any Air 3 owners confirm actual flight times?

Thanks

Just curious what flight times Air 3 owners seeing. Max flight time.
But it depends on what battery percentage people consider it necessary to land at.
If they consider the limit to be 25% they are obviously going to get less flight time than someone who will fly the drone to 0% battery.
Similarly it depends on how the drone is flown, which is why DJI quote a flight time and a hover time as follows (from the manual)

Max Flight Time [2] of 46 minutes &
Max Hovering Time [3] of 42 minutes
with the following qualifications
  1. [2] Measured by DJI Air 3 flying at a constant speed of 28.8 kph in a windless environment at sea level, with APAS off, AirSense off, camera parameters set to 1080p/24fps, video mode off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Data is for reference only. Always pay attention to reminders in the app during flight.
  2. [3] Measured by DJI Air 3 hovering in a windless environment at sea level, with APAS off, AirSense off, camera parameters set to 1080p/24fps, video mode off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Data is for reference only. Always pay attention to reminders in the app during flight.

Thinking of upgrading from Air 2S to Air 3 for camera and especially flight time upgrade. Realistically I get 20 minutes from the 2s. Hoping the 3 is at least 35 minutes.

Can any Air 3 owners confirm actual flight times?

Thanks
As with all DJI drones, take the flight time set out in the specs and shave 10 minutes off it. The manufacturers figures are from tests DJI undertakes in their secret testing facility in Narnia

Reviewing my logs, the longest duration was 34 minutes during a photo time-lapse, landing with a battery at 22% with most of my flights being an average of ~27 minutes. Typically, I fly short way-point missions, though.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I'm getting 33-35 minutes depending on what I'm doing and also conditions (4 batteries /w 6 charges per batteries).

I have never timed my flights, but I am always amazed at my time in the air.
I would be flying,filming for quite a while. then think time to bring her in. Only to find 50%-40% left.
You will be amazed too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead