DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many Amps?

No, it's less than that. Flying sport mode with full acceleration is somewhere above 7 but less than 10 amps. Flying in Cinesmooth is below 5.4 Amps and p-mode is between 5.4 and 7 amps. Full braking takes 7-8.5 Amps.

Here is a screenshot from airdata with Flight specific Full range Amp map.
1576525847450.png

No, it's less than that. Flying sport mode with full acceleration is somewhere above 7 but less than 10 amps. Flying in Cinesmooth is below 5.4 Amps and p-mode is between 5.4 and 7 amps. Full braking takes 7-8.5 Amps.

Here is a screenshot from airdata with Flight specific Full range Amp map.
View attachment 88295
That is a a very broad range of amperage, especially on a multi-cell Lipo. In high winds, that is a problem.

Straight from the specs for 2400 mah to give 30mins that’s 4.8A average. Peak load will likely be close to twice that.

That is a a very broad range of amperage, especially on a multi-cell Lipo. In high winds, that is a problem.
Not necessarily. Why? The wind problem you are likely to have is inability to fly home against it. The FC will limit propulsion output well before you find the C rating of the cells as a limitation.

it is a very narrow range to be exact. Idk what youre used to, but I also fly fpv, and like 10 amps in hover and 120 amps full send is pretty normal. amp draw varies all the time. a huge wind peak and the motors pump amperage cause they need torque to counter act... not sure what youre saying cause 5 to 10 amps is a VERY narrow range..

The Mavic Mini uses Li-ion batteries, not Lipo's. One of the reasons I love it so much, same tech as my camera equipment, can do a six day backpack hike with it, all batteries fully charged, no 'self' discharging along the way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54