DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Many Battery Cycles Can I Expect??

GregE

Reactions
How many charging cycles can I expect from a MPP battery. Looking at used vs new life expectancy.

Guessing the M Pro and Pro Platinum batteries are the same- With the 'shelf life' problems some have encountered that is cause for concern if they are not maintained periodically.

And with MP and MPP no longer being made- how available are replacement batteries? Concerns about after market ones- guessing there are good sources and others not so much

Last edited:
Just keep the batteries above 10% and sometimes wipe completely the battery to 1%. It will keep the batteries heathly.

How many charging cycles can I expect from a MPP battery. Looking at used vs new life expectancy.

Guessing the M Pro and Pro Platinum batteries are the same- With the 'shelf life' problems some have encountered that is cause for concern if they are not maintained periodically.

And with MP and MPP no longer being made- how available are replacement batteries? Concerns about after market ones- guessing there are good sources and others not so much
Mine give about 200 full charge flights each on average.

Reactions: GregE
That's what I need, thanks. I know to deep cycle batteries occasionally

What? I had not heard this. Is this true? The official DJI Store still shows Mavic Pro Platinum's for sale. They've got to continue to carry the batteries...

That could be a poor assumption on my part- but I've only seen refurbished MPP and MPs on the DJI site

My three MP batteries from November 2016 have about 140 cycles each. With both age and increasing number of cycles their internal resistance will increase what means the output voltage will be lower compared to a new battery, break down under heavy load (sports mode) and the battery will heat up during flight more than a new battery, what can end in a problem especially with high environment temperatures.
It's also a good idea keeping an eye on cell drift under load. If one cell gets weak, its voltag may drop under 3.3V and cause permanent damage. You can check actual cell voltages within the battery menu of GO4 app (do it during flight), or better use tools such as Airdata.com where you can see the graphs of all cells over time and easily identify a weak cell. As my batteries are that old I check them with Airdata after every flight to stay on the safe side.
And if a battery gets swollen it must be replaced immediately.

Then what happens? Is flight time too short? Do you get a warning to replace?
I notice a reduction in flight time on all... 2-3 min after that number of charges. Also had one swell a little. Still get 22-23 min on a full charge in winds belo 5-10 miles/hr, but not the 24-26 min I got when they were new.

I notice a reduction in flight time on all... 2-3 min after that number of charges. Also had one swell a little. Still get 22-23 min on a full charge in winds belo 5-10 miles/hr, but not the 24-26 min I got when they were new.
Yes, I am seeing that 2 minute reduction myself, after 50 flights each. Need to keep buying new M2 batteries to keep the flight times up. Too bad the M2 batteries don't even start out at the rated 3850 mAh. Airdata says all the M2 batteries start out at 3700 mAh and decline rapidly from there to 3500 mAh. The 50 flight batteries are now only 3300 mAh.

• Wow
Reactions: GregE and Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929